NHL Series Winners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NHL Series Winners

Post your best series winners please!!!!!
    Last edited by GreekBoy; 04-13-2009, 11:48 PM. Reason: Forum

Here is who I like to get out of the first round of the NHL Playoffs.

East

Boston (Simply the better team, reminds me of Sens and Pens from last two years)

Washington (Rangers can't keep up with the Caps too much offense)

Carolina (Playing good hockey vs the Devils not playing so well. This is the one I am least confident about because of Marty B)

Pittsburgh (Hitting their stride at the right time. They have all the tools: Experience, goaltending, offense, defense)

West

San Jose (Probably the best team in the NHL plain and simple

Detroit (Defending Champs, too much for young Jackets)

Vancover (Probably the hottest team in hockey. Luongo is playing fantastic)

Flames (Just going with a vetern team with the better team and goaltender in my opinion)
    Best of Luck Everyone

2012 Record:

1 unit = $100

***All sides and totals -110 unless noted***

***Teasers are -120 & 7 Points on Sides and 5 Points on Totals ties push****

Comment

Originally posted by Pitt37 View Post

East

Boston (Simply the better team, reminds me of Sens and Pens from last two years)

Carolina (Playing good hockey vs the Devils not playing so well. This is the one I am least confident about because of Marty B)

Pittsburgh (Hitting their stride at the right time. They have all the tools: Experience, goaltending, offense, defense)

West

Flames (Just going with a vetern team with the better team and goaltender in my opinion)
      Agree with most of these..GL!!!
      SOBER SINCE MARCH 28TH OF 2007!!!

Comment

Definitely like my Caps to take out the Rangers but if Theodore sucks as he tends to, it goes 7....

Comment

I am thinking that the Under is going to be good in most of these playoff games.
          Best of Luck Everyone

2012 Record:

1 unit = $100

***All sides and totals -110 unless noted***

***Teasers are -120 & 7 Points on Sides and 5 Points on Totals ties push****

Comment

East

West

first let me say i have no problem with you pitt i just see some same picks but for opposite reasons so i thought i'd post with your quote hope that's OK.

Your probably right with boston but montreal owned them in the regular season last year and then boston beat them in the playoffs, if you catch montreal on the wrong week you could easily get swept no matter who you are, montreal at + 275 isn't a bad shot, after all the bruins owned montreal all year this year so why can't montreal return the favor and knock them out this year, they can....but probably won't.

I also agree washington should win series but at +225 i'll take the team with the better goaltender (rangers) and hope to steal a game or 2. theodore is VERY streaky. I also like tortarella behind the bench for the rangers, he's done it with tampa already. washington has the russian but what if he gets hurt or even shut down for a game or 2. everything on that team is generated through him. (yes i can't stand him and won't even mention his name, what for when malkin is the best russian in the league, i'll take him every day over OV.)

I love the carolina play and i love it because of marty B yea good ole marty has been horrible ever since he broke roy's record, and on the flip side i think carolina is the hottest team coming into playoffs in east by far. cam ward has also been hot for carolina. PLUS experience this carolina team with brindamour, ward, and cole, pretty much same team that won the cup , also coach paul maurice is a great young coach. It's not like carolina will get outclassed, they been here before just like new jersey has.

I also think pittsburgh will win but they don't have have all the tools, fluery has experience but he needs a lot more, and pitt goaltending and defense were at the tops of the league last year, they are nowhere near that this year, they also fired their very good coach that made them that good in those categories last year. pitt also has trouble with rough teams like philly, physical teams get to pitt and philly is as physical as it gets in the east anyway. if briere catches fire watch out.

I actually give the ducks a good shot to beat san jose, every year san jose looks great heading in and then something always happens, this year it was marleau having a baby about 3 weeks ago then he got hurt about a week ago,(he was the leader all year and he's captain), ,not joe thornton if you look at the #'s on san jose all year yea they are by far the best in the league but look at how they finished the last month of the season, trust me....look, the ducks are the hottest or 2nd hottest team coming into playoffs. Plus sharks have a great but very young head coach. anaheim has carlyle.

completeley agree on detroit just too much , but they do struggle the most with teams in their own division, but detroit all the way. columbus goaltending is playing much better but red wings can put it in so many times it won't be enough for columbus.

I like vancouver to win that series as well, yes they do have luongo and i agree that they are as hard to beat on home ice than anyone in the league, the road is a different story, the team they are playing is actually the hottest team in the west or 2nd. st. louis was last place in the west at all star break 15th and they made the playoffs behind some solid goaltending in mason, i'll take vancouver because i'll take luongo and the home ice of GM place.

I like the flames a lot i root for them whenever my team is out of it, unfortunateley i hate what their coach has done to them the last 2 weeks of the season he plays the goalie way too much and he puts unnecessary pressure on his team, calgary hasn't scored a power play goal in over 40 attempts and they had the northwest division in front of them to grab and they let vancouver come in and steal it from them, that's not clagary style actually vancouver is usually the one that gets tight at the end of they year in that division. also unfortunateley Khabibulin on chicago absoluteley owns the flames, i don't know exact #'s right now but i do know he has his best #'s vs the flames he also more wins over the flames than any other team. I agree kipper is the better goaltender but the bulin wall seems to always get the better of him.

can you tell i'm a hockey fan. LOL yep of the worst (sorry long island) the 2nd worst team in hockey the colorado avalanche, that is why i know van, and cgy so well, i don't follow east as much as west. hope this helps greekboy.

Comment

I am thinking that the Under is going to be good in most of these playoff games.
              he pitt i was a goalie and i love the unders in the playoffs, they really start hitting good after first 2 games of the series especially once second round starts.

Comment

Im taking the following:

Caps in 6
                Montreal in 7
                Carolina in 7
                Pitts in 7

SJ in 6
                Det in 5
                STL in 7
                CGY in 7

I like all these teams to move on

BOL guys should be a great playoffs