Tuesday Hoop POD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tnbreakers View Post
    Big GA football fan, but never really been a GA basketball fan. I played at Ga State years ago, and really just a basketball fan. Like Bruce Pearl, but never really took to TN football!
    I was the shooting guard on our high school basketball team that made it to State and my point guard that year went to Ga State and last I heard is assistant coach there so I always follow them to see how he's doing.Soup was his nickname!!

Comment

What year?

Comment

What year?
        93-97.they(him and my buddy Dow) were bigger baseball players than basketball at that time.Corey went on to play/coach at Clayton state and is now the head coach at the christian college in North ga Truett/McConnell.Dow coaches at Henry county high school baseball.There names might not ring a bell but the countys should sound pretty familiar

Comment

My wife's parents live in McDonough and we go there every Christmas. Know the area very well. I am from Cobb County and played at Sprayberry HS and coached at West Ga College. Small world, most of my wife's relatives are Tech or Clemson fans. I am not a die hard fan, who can't function after a loss, but follow them during football season.

Comment

My wife's parents live in McDonough and we go there every Christmas. Know the area very well. I am from Cobb County and played at Sprayberry HS and coached at West Ga College. Small world, most of my wife's relatives are Tech or Clemson fans. I am not a die hard fan, who can't function after a loss, but follow them during football season.
            Let me know when you come next time and we can get 18 in somewhere.I'm from Stockbridge so I'm right in yalls backdoor.I saw your handicap and I'm playing about a 5 right now ith a 4 year old and a pregnant wife. Funny story,I worked at Georgia National in Mcdonough for 5 years and tried to go out on a couple Hooters tour events.I went to a monday qualifier in Dothan,Alabama where the top 10 make it to Thursdays' first round.Shot 71,72 and finished 57th out of 64 When you think your good jump out with them boys and it is very humbling

Comment

Small world, I grew up and still live in Cobb County. Graduated in 1992 from Wheeler, graduated from UGA in 1996. I now live right down the street from Pope.

Comment

People don't know how good you have to be to play on the mini tours! It's insane. They live off Hwy 155 close to Union Grove HS. (matter of fact- the same road) Next time I will give you a call! Great area, miss living there!

Comment

Originally posted by harold_bush View Post
                  Small world, I grew up and still live in Cobb County. Graduated in 1992 from Wheeler, graduated from UGA in 1996. I now live right down the street from Pope.
                  GAAAAAWGIA,GAWWWWGIA,just an ole sweet song,keeps Gawwwgia ON MY MIND

Comment

Originally posted by vols fan View Post
                    GAAAAAWGIA,GAWWWWGIA,just an ole sweet song,keeps Gawwwgia ON MY MIND
                    Brings a tear to my eye!!!

Comment

People don't know how good you have to be to play on the mini tours! It's insane. They live off Hwy 155 close to Union Grove HS. (matter of fact- the same road) Next time I will give you a call! Great area, miss living there!
                      I tell people all the time that every country club in America THINKS they have the next great thing but till they get out there they can't even come close to handling the pressure.I had people backing me for some of the tournaments,which makes it just as tough as your own money,and it is as tough as you can ever imagine.My first qualifier,it was about hole 5 before I could hold my putter steady over a putt I love that feeling that I felt back then but now a days a six pack and 18 holes sounds a whole lot better

Comment

Originally posted by vols fan View Post
                        I tell people all the time that every country club in America THINKS they have the next great thing but till they get out there they can't even come close to handling the pressure.I had people backing me for some of the tournaments,which makes it just as tough as your own money,and it is as tough as you can ever imagine.My first qualifier,it was about hole 5 before I could hold my putter steady over a putt I love that feeling that I felt back then but now a days a six pack and 18 holes sounds a whole lot better
                        If your not an athlete you don't know that feeling! I am asking for strokes right now!!!!!! I'm thinking 6 a side!

Comment

If your not an athlete you don't know that feeling! I am asking for strokes right now!!!!!! I'm thinking 6 a side!
                          You got it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"6" beers a side and no strokes

Comment

I'll bring the beer! You bring the strokes!!!

Comment

Working...
                            X