Play in Game Tuesday 3/17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Play in Game Tuesday 3/17

Alabama State +3 over Morehead State. I think Alabama State is being under valued in this game. In capping this game there was only one common opponent to compare so I also looked at comparable opponents as well. Both schools played Grambling which finished in 9th place in Alabama State's Conference the SWAC. Gramblings' overall record this year was 6-23, one of those 6 wins was against Morehead State. Alabama State beat Grambling twice by an average of 10' points a game.

Alabama State lost to Illinois State by 6. Illinois State finished 3rd in the Missouri Valley Conference and had an overall 24-9 record. Morehead State played Drake who is also in the MVC. Drake finished 8th in the MVC and finished with a 17-15 record. Morehead State lost to Drake by 16.

Alabama State played 3 Southeast Conference teams all on the road, Auburn, Misissippi State, and Mississippi. Alabama St. lost all 3 games by an average margin of 6 points a game. Mississippi State is in the big dance having won the SEC tournament and had an overall record of 23-12. Auburn had a final record of 22-11, just missing the tournament. Mississippi's final record was 16-15. Morehead State played 1 SEC team Vanderbilt. Vanderbilt finished with a 19-12 record and just missed the NCAA tournament. Morehead lost to Vandy by 26 points.

I think the wrong team is favored in this game. Good luck to everyone and let's over the bookie during the Big Dance this year

Damn, nice research there bro.

I think you might be onto something

GL
    Questions, comments, complaints:
    [email protected]

Comment

I have to disagree because as the season wore on, More head State clearly was a different team than earlier. It cleaned up its turnovers and started to show life in its lineup. MH started off brutally at 0-6 non-conference and came on strong to win the tourney against a much stronger conference than the SWAC.
      There are two seasons in hoops and I rarely cap on the where the teams were in the first half. The Chief and Bama State will give way to More Head By 10.
      "The range of what we think and do is limited by what we fail to notice.

Comment

I like Alabama St too. I think the line -3 is all based on Morehead being in the better division, which is justified, but I think Alabama St might be the better team. Keep in mind I've never seen either of these teams play, but just from researching, I like Bama St.

Comment

i agree with your statement and i also think that in the NIT Washington St. tonight is a GREAT play
          they are happy to have post-season games.
          St. Mary's on the other hand, is PISSED they didn't make the NCAA so playing in the NIT really doesn't mean much to them. Patty Mills is good, but Wash St. D is SOLID....I like them tonight...I think St. Mary's will come out flat b/c of the fact they don't really wanna be in the nit
          "The only thing we have to fear is fear itself."
          Franklin D. Roosevelt
          Inaugural address, 4 March 1933
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BigWeiner View Post
            I like Alabama St too. I think the line -3 is all based on Morehead being in the better division, which is justified, but I think Alabama St might be the better team. Keep in mind I've never seen either of these teams play, but just from researching, I like Bama St.
            i also think that morehead is -3 b/c
            every guy wants MORE HEAD

like bama st. tonight
            gl
            "The only thing we have to fear is fear itself."
            Franklin D. Roosevelt
            Inaugural address, 4 March 1933
            sigpic

Comment

With you on Washington St

Comment

Best of luck Raven!

Comment

gl glad u posted all the facts cause i dont understand why everone luvs more head st dont get to see them play but will go with u to hit the bookie early and hard in tourney play gl pal

Comment

I think Ala St wins outright......65-64

Don't make me go Cajun on your Ass!

Comment

BOL Raven! My POD as well. Better team!

Comment

Good Luck Tonight!!!

dEaNo

Comment

Working...
                        X