On The Green @ Honda Classic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On The Green @ Honda Classic

This week the players tee up in south Florida at PGA's National Championship course. Its one of the toughest courses played all year on the tour. Players need to stay out of trouble because losing 3 strokes on one hole is very possible. Ignore driving distance this week as the focus should be on ball-striking. While the best putters always thrive, holes end at the green; they don't start there.

(Tourney Matchups)

Carl Petterson -115 over Angel Cabrera
    Carl is a pretty steady player an makes cuts. He's cashed in 4 of 5 tournaments this year and 29 of his last 34 tournaments. Statistically he is not a good ball striker but he has found great success in this tournament finishing 24th and 22nd the last two years since the course change. I love the fade of Angel Cabrera at this course. The smoking man is shaky as hell and will find troubles off the tee. His ball striking is atrocious and it shows with him missing the cut the last two years.

Boo Weekley -145 over JB Holmes
    Boo is a native south Floridian and has done pretty well here. He finished 2nd two years ago and was doing well last year until he bombed with an 80 in his last round that I will forgive. He's had great start to the season and he's consistently been a top 10 ball striker the last few seasons. JB bombs it off the tee but he another guy who will be finding trouble. He's a below average ball striker/putter and I just can't see him avoiding those blow up holes.

Miguel Angel Jimenez -135 over Darren Clarke
    Short and sweet here. Darren Clarke has be awful since the start of the year on the European tour while Jimenez has played quite well. Jimenez played in last weeks match play so he has had time to acclimate. I'm not sure when Clarke arrived in the states.
    Last edited by weazel079; 03-04-2009, 03:04 AM.
    MLB (2014): (3-4) -.9 units

gl Weazel

Comment

Working...
    X