Rare Soccer Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rare Soccer Post

This is a rare soccer post as even though I am an enthusiast, I rarely wager on it as it can be shady at times. My background for capping soccer is that I played D-1 in college from 2001-2005 at a school in Pennsylvania (i'm keeping the rest private). Anyway, I spent some time playing in Portugal and have been fortunate enough to have a few teammates play overseas professionally.....

Please don't take this a boast in any way shape or form, just didn't want to throw out soccer picks and have some wonder where my facts/knowledge is coming from....

Okay, all plays for a 1 unit, with unit =$100, pretty simple

Euro Champions Leage:
    Barcelona @ Lyon: Draw +225-Great value betting the draw in my mind as Barcelona is the better team, but playing on the road in the first leg of a 2 leg match so not pressing for them to win this game, but rather important to get to the home leg in a favorable position to advance; also Barcelona has never beaten a French side in France in European play....also don't think Lyon is strong enough to pull the upset, i say 0-0; maybe 1-1

Manchester United @ Inter Milan: Man u PK (+123)
    Once again good value here. Lots of people are on Inter as Man U has some injuries/suspensions at the center of their defense, but Man U are the defending champs in this competition and this game will be played like a chess match with neither team wanting to leave themselves exposed. The game is more important for Inter as they are at home, but I expect Man U to play very patiently and I see this game as 1-0 win for Man U, but if they draw, your wager pushes since they are at PK

Roma @ Aresenal: Roma +1/2 (-109)
    Aresenal is struggling with a lot injuries and big names out of their lineup, while Roma has quietly been playing solid and returning to top form over recent months. I like Roma to pull the road shocker in this or at least get a result with the draw, take the dog and take the win when this game ends in a draw or Roma with a str8 up win

Porto @ Athletico Madid: Porto +1/2 (-141)
    Athletico has been struggling and struggling bad lately, dropping 6 of their last 11 league matches and seeing their coach fired during that period. While traditionally strong at home in the vicente calderon stadium, they have simply shown me no reason of their recent form to back them in this spot. Furthermore Porto is flying right now in domestic play winners of 5 of 7 while picking a result with 2 ties in the other matches. I love this spot for Porto to get the road win and if not cash your ticket by taking the dog if the game ends in a draw; very similar reasoning to the Roma pick but I think Porto has a great chance to steal a road victory

well, lots of road teams and lots of dogs, i simply like the better teams playing hotter right now and am not scared to take them playing in hostile environments

BOL on your plays

Comment

good luck today

Comment

gl Juan

Comment

Good Luck Today!!!

dEaNo

Comment

nice 3-0 day! thanks for the picks! loved the barcelona tie play!
            NFL System - Year 1
            Week 2 3-2 +0.8 Units
            Week 3 3-2-1 +0.8 Units
            Week 3 3-3 -0.3 Units
            Week 4 3-2 +0.8 Units
            Week 5 2-3 -1.3 Units
            Week 6 4-1 +2.9 Units
            Week 7 3-0 +3.0 Units
            Week 8 2-3 -2.35 Units
            Week 9 0-1 -1.1 Units
            Season Total 23-17 +3.35 Units

Comment

Just to see if you were famous I googled "Juan that plays soccer in Portugal" and it came up 1 of 4,655,422,614,865 results.I'll just take your word for it

Just messing with you man.Looking good so far.Keep them coming

Comment

2-1 day sorry bout that still a nice profit on the day
                NFL System - Year 1
                Week 2 3-2 +0.8 Units
                Week 3 3-2-1 +0.8 Units
                Week 3 3-3 -0.3 Units
                Week 4 3-2 +0.8 Units
                Week 5 2-3 -1.3 Units
                Week 6 4-1 +2.9 Units
                Week 7 3-0 +3.0 Units
                Week 8 2-3 -2.35 Units
                Week 9 0-1 -1.1 Units
                Season Total 23-17 +3.35 Units

Comment

First of all, thanks guys and to Vols Fan: you crack me the
                  #$%* up, lol, thanks man...

well, not bad for a small profit, but hit the draw on the barcelona game, anyway ended up 2-1-1 for a little over +2.0 units on the day; I am going to look at the rest of the champs league matches playing tomorrow and if there is anything worthwhile, I'll post tomorrow

Euro Champions Leage:
                  Barcelona @ Lyon: Draw +225-W

Manchester United @ Inter Milan: Man u PK (+123)P

Roma @ Aresenal: Roma +1/2 (-109)L

Porto @ Athletico Madid: Porto +1/2 (-141)W

Comment

by the way, aresenal won 1-0 on a penalty kick and manchester united dominated all game and couldn't score, just in case you were wondering what happened

Comment

Jaunblaze,

Your are now officially the board expert on soccer. 99 percent of us dont bet it ------ yet. Keep putting up winners and pretty soon we all will be yelling GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL L! all the way to the pay window!!!

Good luck!
                      NBA is a joke

Comment

Originally posted by flarendep1 View Post
                        Jaunblaze,

Your are now officially the board expert on soccer. 99 percent of us dont bet it ------ yet. Keep putting up winners and pretty soon we all will be yelling GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL L! all the way to the pay window!!!

Good luck!
                        YEP what Flare said!!

Comment

I will be playing the next time no doubt.My kids dinner will depend on it so no pressure there Juan

Comment

Working...
                          X