Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ncaa bball futures thoughts (help please)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ncaa bball futures thoughts (help please)

While I was watching the Nova/Cuse game today, I started to think that there is no way I can bet on a team to win it all, that runs a ZONE D most of the time. Now, I was trying to think how many teams the past 10-20 years have won it all running that d. I know Syracuse did and Maryland-think they played more man. Just think down the stretch teams need to man-up to be succesful.
    Furthermore, want everyones opinion on who they think is the top tencoaches are in the NCAA's..Here are mine:

Jamie Dixon
    Jay Wright
    Rick Pitino
    Bill Self
    Tony Bennett
    Tom Izzo
    Coach K ( Hate him)
    Tubby Smith
    Ben Howland
    Billy Donavon
    "It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." -Mark Twain

thanks a lot guys. Thought I would help out and actually get people on here top think once in while. Been a memeber of this site for a couple of years now, and it seems all everyone seems to do is run off people that give out winners. The 95% of the people on here give out losers all the time, and cont to do so, and there is never any discussion about aspects of the game, future, past, etc. All everyone does is just make some thread title: GOY, NCAA GOY, GOM..It is a joke. There needs to be more discussion on here. If people on this site worked together more, well, they would win more. Everyone thinks that they're the best capper around. GUESS WHAT? None of you are. Just a little food for thouhgt. PEACE OUT!
    "It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." -Mark Twain

Comment

I agree with Tony Bennett and would add Bo Ryan

Comment

I would put Coach Stevens of Butler over Bennett.

They are both new on the scene, as well as Bruce Pearl.

Pearl 3 sweet 16's in 4 years, 2 with TN.

Pearl's 1st year took TENN to a 2 seed after TN lost its 2 leading scorers in S Mcfagdon and Brandon Crump and that team lost in the NIT in round 1 to George Mason. The TN team that he took to a 2 seed went 8 deep and mostly played 7. They wore down at tourney time.

Pearl just recruiting athletes over skill players this year and they can't get it done. They had 20 offensive rebs vs. Kentucky and lost by 20. Just no one that can put the ball through the hoop.

I'm just saying Bennett hasn't done this well. The Vols will be dancing this year, Wash. State will not.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Letswinalot View Post
            I would put Coach Stevens of Butler over Bennett.

They are both new on the scene, as well as Bruce Pearl.

Pearl 3 sweet 16's in 4 years, 2 with TN.

Pearl's 1st year took TENN to a 2 seed after TN lost its 2 leading scorers in S Mcfagdon and Brandon Crump and that team lost in the NIT in round 1 to George Mason. The TN team that he took to a 2 seed went 8 deep and mostly played 7. They wore down at tourney time.

Pearl just recruiting athletes over skill players this year and they can't get it done. They had 20 offensive rebs vs. Kentucky and lost by 20. Just no one that can put the ball through the hoop.

I'm just saying Bennett hasn't done this well. The Vols will be dancing this year, Wash. State will not.
            I hear what you are saying. I like Pearl, but not sure if his style can win without the right type of players; I know one can say that about any system or team. I believe that if Tony B were at a school that actually had talent he would be awesome. He is winning at Wash St with zero talent. His system keeps his teams in every game, and they are great on D. Now, you're right about Coach Stevens. That guy is a winner, and should be picked up by a BCS school next year. I'm a Bama fan and I would love him or Tony B. Looks like people down here want Mike Anderson; which I could live with, but hope they give the other guys mentioned above a shot. As far as young coaches, all everyone down here is talking about is Anthony Grant at VCU..I'm hype for the tourney!

Comment

As for pure coaching ability I would add Gary Williams from Maryland. He can't recruit worth a damn and that has been why Maryland has struggled to make the tournament the last few years, but he can coach. Maryland's upset of Carolina on Saturday is the third year in a row he has beat Carolina. He has done so wth players who wouldn't crack the starting lineup for Carolina. Most of his starters would be the 8th, 9th and 10th players on Carolina.

Comment

Working...
              X