• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alex Rodriguez sorry about harassing SI reporter Selena Roberts

BY Mark Feinsand
    DAILY NEWS SPORTS WRITER

Sunday, February 15th 2009, 7:50 PM

TAMPA - Alex Rodriguez will likely apologize for his steroid use during his press conference Tuesday, but his contrition has apparently already begun.

Rodriguez called Selena Roberts of Sports Illustrated on Wednesday, apologizing to her for comments he made during his interview with ESPN on Monday.

Roberts, one of the two reporters that broke the A-Rod steroids scandal on SI's Web site on Feb. 7, confirmed Rodriguez's apology Sunday but declined further comment.

During his Feb. 9 ESPN interview with Peter Gammons, A-Rod accused Roberts of harassing him at his homes in both Miami and New York.

"What makes me upset is that Sports Illustrated pays this lady, Selena Roberts, to stalk me," Rodriguez told Gammons. "This lady has been thrown out of my apartment in New York City. This lady has five days ago just been thrown out of the University of Miami (by) police for trespassing. And four days ago she tried to break into my house where my girls are up there sleeping, and got cited by the Miami Beach police. I have the paper here."

Rodriguez never provided any such "paper" to Gammons, while Roberts immediately disputed all of A-Rod's claims.

"The allegations made by Alex Rodriguez are absurd," Roberts said last week in a statement released by the magazine. "I've never set foot in the lobby of Alex's New York apartment building, never spoken to the University of Miami police, and never set foot on his home property or been cited by the Miami Police for doing so."

The Daily News reported last Wednesday that police departments in New York City, Hoboken, Miami and Coral Gables had no records of any complaints filed against Roberts for the alleged incidents.

Alex Rodriguez sorry about harassing SI reporter Selena Roberts

A-Rod making up shit again? What an idiot

Comment

Working...
    X