Nationals sign Dunn to two-year deal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nationals sign Dunn to two-year deal

The Nationals finally got their left-handed slugging first baseman, signing free agent Adam Dunn to a two-year contract Wednesday, according to a baseball source. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.

IMO Adam Dunn is basically the same player as Ryan Howard. It amazes me that he didn't have more offers. Do people realize he's 28 years old? He hit 40 homeruns that last 5 years. I'm sure the Nationals got a steal of deal. Probably 2 years 25 million.

People think he strikes out too much. Of those 5 years in which he hit 40 homeruns, his strikeout totals were 164, 165, 194, 168, and 195. Do know how many players strikeout 165 times in a year? Just to give you an example, this is leadoff hitter Grady Sizemore's strikeout totals for the last three years 130, 155, 153.
    Last edited by BigWeiner; 02-11-2009, 03:30 PM.

Comment

I'm with you, BW. I'm amazed that none of the contenders took a shot. Dunn gets bad publicity for the Ks, but it's rarely mentioned that he always draws 100 walks and hits 40 HRs.

Comment

Originally posted by ctt8410 View Post
        I'm with you, BW. I'm amazed that none of the contenders took a shot. Dunn gets bad publicity for the Ks, but it's rarely mentioned that he always draws 100 walks and hits 40 HRs.
        Do you know how many people 40 homeruns last year? 2!!!!!

Bobby Abreu batted .296 with 20 hr's, 100 rbi 100 runs and 22 sb's and he got 5 fucking million dollars. Is this a big joke? What is going on? My team, the Giants, signed Edgar Fucking Renteria for 9 million a year and Bobby Abreu got 5 million!!! WTF. If Adam Dunn only got 9 million a year, I'm gonna shit my pants.

Comment

I'll bet it's 2/20, but we'll see.

Comment

Working...
          X