Metsfan's POD- Mon. Feb. 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Metsfan's POD- Mon. Feb. 2

2-1 on POD's since joining the forum, won my last POD on Wed. with South Carolina. Looking to make it 2 in a row with:

POD: Louisville -3

UCONN comes into this game at a solid 20-1 SU and 10-7 ATS, with they're only loss coming at home vs. a very average Georgetown team 74-63, so they are beatable. Look, this UCONN team went into Buffalo and only won by 4 points and now they're going to go into Freedom Hall and hang with one of the hottest teams in the country? UCONN has won 9 games in a row, but they're only 3-2 against the number over their last 5, are just 6-4 ATS in conference play, 2-3 ATS when playing against a team with a winning record after 15 or more games, and 1-1 ATS versus good defensive teams - allowing less than 64 points per game after 15+ games. The Huskies are 6-0 SU and 4-2 ATS in true road games, but let's look at the teams they have played on the highway this season: Depaul, Notre Dame (who was in the midst of a brutal 5-game stretch), St. Johns, Cincinatti, West Virginia, and Buffalo. They played 2 good teams on the road and one of those teams was in a stretch of their schedule where they played 5 top 10 teams. They are 2-0 ATS as an underdog, beating an over-rated Gonzaga team on a neutral court and beating WV on the road, but the fact UCONN has been an underdog just 2 times thus far speaks volumes of their schedule. I am by no means knocking the Huskies, as they have a solid team, including two players that average double-doubles in 6-7 Sr. F Jeff Adrien (14.1 ppg, 10 rpg) and 7-3 Jr. C Hasheem Thabeet (13 ppg, 10.1 rpg). 6-4 Jr. G Jerome Dyson (13.5 ppg), 6-2 Sr. PG A.J. Price (12.3 ppg), and 6-9 Jr. F Stanley Robinson (5.8 ppg, 4.2 rpg) round out the starting line-up for the Huslies who are looking to give Louisville their first conference loss. Like I said before, this UCONN team is solid, but they are in a bad spot here visiting an extremely hot team ina a hostile environment on national TV.

Louisville comes into this game as one of the hottest teams in the country as they are 5-0 SU and 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games and are limiting opponents to only 59 ppg on 37% shooting in that span. In fact, since an embarrassing 1 point home loss to UNLV as a 15 point favorite on Dec. 31, Louisville has run-off 9 wins in a row (7-2 ATS). In that strecth, the Cards have beaten the likes on then undefeated, #1-ranked Pitt at home, ND at home, WV at home, Kentucky at home, Villanova on the road, and Syracuse on the road. That's 6 quality wins in their current 9-game win streak. UCONN may very well be the new #1 team in the country when the new rankings come out, but Louisville is in first place in the Big East (tied with Marquette) one game in front of UCONN with an 8-0 conference record (7-1 ATS). In these conference games, Louisville has been dominating the competition, holding opponents to 60 ppg and 38% shooting and are 3-0 SU and ATS versus teams scoring 77+ points per game after 15+ games. While one may look at the line-ups of the two teams and say UCONN has an advantage down-low with their size, I think the opposite. I think the athleticism of Louisville's frount court will cause problems for the UCONN bigs they same way they did for DeJuan Blair and Pitt, as he was in foul trouble the whole game. Jr. Earl Clark (13.5 ppg, 8.8 rpg) is listed as a G/F at 6-8, that's incredible versatility and he could cause mis-matches all over the court. 6-9 Fr. F Samardo Samuels (13.1 ppg, 5.4 rpg) is another extremely athletic big as is 6-6 Sr. F Terrence Williams (12.8 ppg, 9.3 rpg).

Louisville is 35-10 SU and 33-11 ATS in conference games over the last 3 season, so their current success should come as no surprise. The Cards are also 26-10 SU and 25-10 ATS when playing against a team with a winning record after 15 or more games the past 3 seasons and are 15-5 SU and ATS versus teams allowing less than 64 points per game after 15+ games over the past 3 seasons and are 43-7 SU at home over the past 3 seasons. UCONN is 2-0 SU and ATS as an underdog this season, but is just 4-13 SU and 5-12 ATS in the same role over the past 3 seasons. UCONN is also just 8-10 SU and 7-11 ATS versus teams allowing less than 64 points per game after 15+ games over the past 3 seasons.

I'll lay the points here with the hot home team.

POD- Louisville -3

Good Luck,

Metsfan

good luck today

Comment

gl mets fan

Comment

BOL Metman. I like the call.

Comment

Thanks for well-wishes guys. GL everyone

Comment

Good Luck fan ... Great write up

Comment

Good luck Mets!!

Comment

On em as well. Goodluck!

Comment

Played it the same, and after reading some of the stats you got up there, feel a lot better about it.
                  "CFB YTD: 5-8-1 -16.2"

Comment

Working...
                  X