No announcement yet.

Don't get excited GEORGIA fans BUT.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't get excited GEORGIA fans BUT.....

Some sources on ESPN are reporting that Bobby Knight is interested in the coaching job and would like to end his career in the SEC.

WOW,you talk about a buzz arount UGA if they hire him.The excitement would be crazy.

Bobby Knight ought to stay retired. His old school ways of coaching are outdated. Kids don't want to be grabbed by the neck and screamed and yelled at. How many titles did he win at Texas Tech. You mean Georgia can't find any better candidate than BK. If that's true then they are in bad shape.

Comment

They were talking about this on ESPN last night and he REALLY wants this job. He came out and said he wanted it. We'll see but how can Georgia not pass that up? The buzz and excitement it would create is worth it's weight in gold for that hoops program. I guarantee they become a better team too. Maybe not this year but in the next 2 for sure!

Comment

Originally posted by ravenmaniac View Post
        Bobby Knight ought to stay retired. His old school ways of coaching are outdated. Kids don't want to be grabbed by the neck and screamed and yelled at. How many titles did he win at Texas Tech. You mean Georgia can't find any better candidate than BK. If that's true then they are in bad shape.

I think Knight is well beyond those antics now and at Texas Tech, he didn't win titles but he NO DOUBT put Tech hoops on the map for the 1st time and they had ESPN going there for games, made the tourney and really didn't do bad.

Comment

So when he gets pissed, instead of throwing chairs, he can piss off PETA and throw bulldogs on the court
          He who wears diaper knows his shit - Confucius

Comment

Knight going to Georgia would be nothing but positive for the Bulldogs. The huge money generated, the ESPN games he will bring and all the national coverage will make recruiting alot easier and ticket sales will sky rocket. Georgia would be STUPID not to go get him!

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218 View Post
              Knight going to Georgia would be nothing but positive for the Bulldogs. The huge money generated, the ESPN games he will bring and all the national coverage will make recruiting alot easier and ticket sales will sky rocket. Georgia would be STUPID not to go get him!
              That says it all. The Money for the school

Comment

I think Bob Knight wants a taste of the SEC. Georgia is a great place with pretty good weather and i'm sure some great recruiting. He had his run in the Big 10 and he tried out the Big 12. Now, he wants to test his coaching in the Southeast. I was never a big fan of his at Indiana but since taking the Tech job and working at ESPN, you can see he has changed his ways a little and i find him extremely interesting to listen too.

Comment

1) I think alot of kids wont play for him because of his past
                  2) He is an old school coach and you cant teach an old school coach new things (see Joe Gibbs)
                  3) I think his ways toned down only because ESPN told him to do so
                  4) many kids might look at the way he quit on TT and shun him

Comment

Originally posted by insidethe8thpol View Post
                    2) He is an old school coach and you cant teach an old school coach new things (see Joe Gibbs)
                    1) I think he will have NO PROBLEM getting kids.

2) It's College, not the NFL. He recruits who he wants and they are not millionaire babies. He doesn't need new tricks. He is the winningest men's coach of all time and you get that by knowing how to coach these kids.

3) He had no problems at Tech and that had nothing to do with ESPN. He was much more relaxed there.

4) He didn't just walk out at Tech. The kids, program and fans knew the son was taking over and Knight gave him a 10 game jump on that.

Comment

It's not like UGA is putting guys in the NBA year in and year out.This might be some of these guys only chance to make it to the nba cause it's going to bring the spotlight on the team.UGA will play more games on National TV more in one year under Knight than they have the past 3 years.

Comment

Also,Joe Gibbs going back in the NFL to work with todays athletes was a mistake on his part and trying to get 50-60 guys to buy in your system is tough.Knight on the other hand really only needs 5-6 guys to buy into it and the other 6 will follow.

Comment

I personally don't have any respect for the guy based on his many antics over the years. He is nothing but a bully who tried to intimidate everyone (players, other coaches and officials) with is rants, raves and chair throwing. If I had a son who was a top notch basketball player BK would be the last coach I would want him to play for. If all Georgia is looking for in a coach is publicity and some ticket sales why not hire Pat Summitt as the first female basketball coach in men's basketball. She could create publicity, increase ticket sales and probably do a better coaching job than BK.

As for the job he did at TT, before he got there TT had no basketball program. Almost anything he did was an improvement. However he quit on his team last year in the middle of the season when they were 12-8. If they were 19-1 and a sure ticket to the NCAA tournament last year you can bet your last dollar he wouldn't have walked away. He knew they were going nowhere so he dumped the team on his son. Yea and that has worked out real well. TT is 1-5 in conference and 11-10 overall. Evidently BK didn't leave much for his son. In my opinion the guy may be a winner as a coach but I think he is a loser as a person.

Comment

Pat Summit???

She would never leave UT and why would she?

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218 View Post
                              Pat Summit???

She would never leave UT and why would she?
                              I would rather see a man throw a chair than to see a woman try to get a team motivated in a locker room that she can only be in for a few minutes.Your right Wayne,no way she would leave

Comment

Working...
                              X