Clear All

• My 2008 Season in Review and Superbowl Plays

Read through the following categories:

NFL :

Top Totals: 38-17

Linemaker Games: 10-2

Dominators: 3-2

Top Sides: 26-28

Playoffs : Top Plays 4-3 ( Lost GOY with Vikings )

NCAA Football:

Top Sides: Regular Season: 59-50

Totals: None

Bowl Games:
    Final Bowl Record

A 100 player won 975 following my grading system.

Bowl Sides:

Singles 3-5 (+300 -550 = -250 )

Doubles 6-2 ( +1200 - 440 = + 760 )

Triples 2-1 ( 600 - 330 = + 270 )

Quadruples 2-1 ( 1000 - 550 = +450 )

Totals:

Top 1-3 ( 150 - 495 = -345 )

Regular 1-0 ( +100 )

Nibble 2-2 ( +100 - 110 = -10 )

The Plan for 2009

As you can see, there are strengths and weaknesses . Fortunately the good outweighs the bad.

This was a fairly typical year for me ( my money goal was reached ), but next year there will be changes. There are way too many non - productive picks and these must be eliminated.

NFL:

I’ll stress:

*Top Totals, First and Foremost ( every year they show the most profit )

*Linemaker Games

*There are usually 4-7 “Dominating “ Sides and Totals per season

*Playoffs

No More “ Regular Plays “ and “Opinions “ … They have proven to be of little or no worth to us , and only a minimal amount of “Top Side” Plays will be posted

NCAA:

As in The NFL , no more “ Regular Plays “ and “Opinions “

Only 1-2 Top Sides/week , based on the following conditions :

a) The Play-On teams must come from the very best systems

b) without any conflict from the opposing team

c) The Linesmaker will also play an important role in these games

And Finally, I’ll stress The Bowl Games … but I really recommend that you have multiple fat asses at your disposal … I play all the games a few days after the lines come out … when my decisions are made … this leaves plenty of time for lines to move so I can either double hit my sides , or have middling opportunities available with the bigger line swings.

So in general , by eliminating the weaknesses and only playing premium games, we should do much better overall.

The Superbowl:

I do not make big bets on these games … I’ll nibble a little , and buy a big box for maximum excitement. It’s a day spent with good friends , with plenty of good food and drink … fun is the key , not tension , which is a whole other animal, and is not fun.

Please don’t blow your winnings on this one game.

Pittsburgh -7 vs Arizona … total 46 ½

Here’s what I have :

Sidewise:

The Steelers are 16-0 SU (+16.0 ppg) since December 23, 1990 in non-OT games as a 7+ favorite when they won and covered their last two games.

The Steelers are 8-0 ATS (+13.0 ppg) and SU (+21.0 ppg) since 2006 as a favorite by more than four points vs a team that has completed more than 62.5% of their passes season-to-date.

The Cardinals are 0-18 SU (-11.0 ppg) since 1990 when facing a team that has allowed an average of fewer than 260 yards per game season-to-date, after week 5.

Totalwise:

The Steelers are 6/0 O/U (+13.0 ppg) as a 7+ favorite when their opponent is on a 2+ game winning streak.

The Cardinals are 7/0 O/U (+13.3 ppg) as a dog when they had a plus takeaway margin in each of their last 3 games.

As far as the line goes … Mr. Linesmaker installed The Steelers as 7 point faves ( in neutral Tampa ) … meaning they would be -10 at home and -4 in Arizona … pretty strong numbers which should entice the majority of bettors to buy the dog , especially since The Cards have looked pretty good in their 3 playoff wins against some good teams.

But let’s not forget the 4 horrendous clunkers they played this year ( vs.The Jets , Minnesota, Philadelphia, and New England ) … in these games they got absolutely crucified.

With Pittsburgh’s D being pound for pound the best in the NFL , I smell another burial, and if anyone can hand The Cards their 5th beating , it’s The Steelers.

Sentiment wise ... Everywhere I go I can’t help but hear what everyone thinks about the game and what I’m hearing is Arizona … Arizona … Arizona. For every time Roethlesburger is mentioned , Warner is talked about 10 times.

And Larry Fitzgerald … I’m fed up listening about this guy … and this tells me he will not be too much of a factor.

Conclusion:

Pittsburgh should torch The Cards

So after doing my usual “ fat -ass shoparound “ I made conservative plays on Pittsburgh - 6 and The Over 46 , and bought a 1000 fazool box at one of the restaurants that I frequent where everyone knows one another and I am 100% certain from experience that “things” are handled each year in an honorable manner.

Enjoy the game … and best of luck in this year if you’re wagering on any other sport.

Aside from an occasional pop-in “ Shooting From The Hip “ , I’ll see you guys next season.

As Always ,

Best of Luck and Best Regards ,

Neil

Thanks for everything CB, you did a great job and I'm looking forward to next year.
    "CFB YTD: 5-8-1 -16.2"

Comment

Great job! Once again look forward to your words and wisdom! Have a great Super Bowl Sunday!

Comment

Everyone on this forum really appreciates your hard work. Thanks and GL!!!
        SOBER SINCE MARCH 28TH OF 2007!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Chado1 View Post
          Everyone on this forum really appreciates your hard work. Thanks and GL!!!

Like Chado Said!!!!

Thanks big time!!!
          NBA is a joke

Comment

Look I know I dont ever post NFL b/c I hate it. But I got down HUGE on PITT-6-. Good Luck to us and CONGRATS AND THANKS for another awsome year CB!!!

Comment

Thanks Mr.Coverboy.

any thoughts and/or likes to any PROPS out there??.....

jus wonderin

thanks bud!

aloha!

phant

Comment

Thanks CB, appreciate all you share here.

Oh, and now call Karl and get his ass back here with a superbowl play.

Hope to see some bases action this year.
                2012 - 2013 NCAAF

21 - 20 - 0

2012 - 2013 NFL

14 - 10 - 1

Comment

Thanks CB, enjoy the game!
                  Nothing is as far away as one minute ago.

Comment

Thanks for the play buddy really helped me out this year.thanks againg for the e-mail really meant alot
                    MLB 2012***100-98 +$215 OR +2.15 UNITS
                    HUGE PLAYS 2-1

NFL 2011-2012** 6-10
                    0-0TOP PLAYS

NCAA FBL 2011-2012**** 26-23

4-1 TOP PLAYS

GOY 33-12 ALL SPORTS

AS of 6/3/12

Comment

Thanks for the write ups and the picks!

Comment

Originally posted by BillMill71 View Post
                        Thanks CB, appreciate all you share here.

CB---another good year from you as usual....you are indeed one "hell of a capper", and an even better person......Thanks my friend.....see ya when you're ready....

Oh, and now call Karl and get his ass back here with a superbowl play.

http://www.bettorschat.com/forums/all-sports-discussion/161273-kaptains-super-bowl-picks.html

Hope to see some bases action this year.

DITTO ME and I'm sure many others also...
                        Take care CB....Love ya PAL.....

Don't make me go Cajun on your Ass!

Comment

Next season??? How about bases???

Good Luck Neil ... It was great having you here this season ...

Comment

thanks for everything!!!! i am already looking forward to next season!!

Comment

Thanks for posting this year CB, it was a very good one. Like Spark said, How about bases?

Comment

Working...
                              X