Metsfan's Play of the Day- Monday 1/26

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Metsfan's Play of the Day- Monday 1/26

Hey guys. I'm a new member here and am looking foward to contributing to the forum. What I do is try to find one winner everyday. I don't force plays. Somedays I won't have any plays if I don't like anything. I'll continue to post any plays I may have and hopefully I will provide a good amount of winners. Good Luck and thanks for all of the great information.

POD- OKlahoma -3

This looks like a trap and I know the public will most likely be all over the Sooners here, but quite frankly, I don't care. Here's the deal. Like Pitt yesterday, the Sooners are much bigger, more physical, and more talented than their opponents. A quick look at that stats will tell you that OK St. can score points, as they average 91 ppg at home and 83 ppg in conference games, but in my opinion, these numbers are a little skewed thanks to the lesser competiton the Cowboys have played thus far. Ok St. scored 100 points against N. Texas, 91 vs. Tulsa, 91 vs. Grambling, 104 vs. Mercer, 122 vs. Northwestern St., and 95 in a 97-95 home loss to Missouri. Let's take a closer look at what the Cowboys have done vs. some better, bigger, more physical teams. They managed 72 points vs. Texas A&M and we all know how the Aggies struggle on the road. They scored 79 against Mich. St. on a neutral court, but they lost 94-79. They put up 71 in a 83-71 neutral court loss to Gonzaga. And they scored a season low 65 points in a 83-65 loss @ Washington, a team that is very similar, IMO, to the Sooners. I'm not saying the Cowboys don't score points, but it's obvious they don't score as much vs. better competition and they do let up a lot of points, as they have allowed conference opponents to score an average of 82 ppg on 46% shooting. That's a lot of points and a high shooting % to allow against a team like Oklahoma that shoots 46% and holds opponents to only 66 ppg on 40% shooting on the road.

This game is also a match-up nightmare for Ok. St. as none of their regulars are taller than 6-6 and their bench isn't very deep, so foul trouble could become a mjor problem for the smaller State while trying to slow down the much bigger Sooners, who average 27 FT attempts per game. Leading scorer, Soph. G James Anderson (18 ppg) is the Cowboys biggest body at 6-6. Their next biggest bodies are a set of 6-5 Guards, Jr. Obi Muonelo (15 ppg, 9 rpg) and Sr. Terrel Harris (14 ppg). After that, they have a pair of small guards in 5-11 Sr. Byron Eaton (13 ppg) and 5-10 Fr. Keiton Thomas (10 ppg). The tallest player on the Cowboys, 6-8 So. F. Malcon Kirkland has played a total of 28 minutes and has totals of 8 points and 5 rebounds in Ok. St.'s 4 conference games thus far. This will be a big (no pun intended) problem for the Cowboys as the Sooners 5 starters are all taller than 6-3 and 3 of them are 6-6 or taller. The biggest problem will obviously be Player of the Year candidate Blake Griffin. The 6-10, 250 lb. sophmore is averaging 22 points and 13 boards this season and against Nebraska, a team that is very similar size wise to Ok. St., Blake had 27 and 18. Blake's older brother, 6-7 Sr. Taylor (9.5 ppg, 6.5 rpg) should also be a match-up problem for the Cowboys down-low. Here's the three players that intrigue me most: 6-4 Fr. G. Willie Warren (15.1 ppg.), 6-6 Jr. G. Tony Crocker (10.6 ppg.), and 6-3 Sr. PG Austin Johnson (8.1 ppg.), as two of these three will be guarded by 5-10 Keiton Page and 5-11 Byron Eaton. As we can see there are match-up problems all over the court here and I fully expect jeff Capel to exploit his teams huge size advantage.

Also of note, Ok. St. is 1-3 SU and 0-3 ATS versus teams scoring 77+ points per game. The Cowboys are 1-4 SU and ATS this season, 7-27 SU and 12-21 ATS over the last 3 seasons, and 22-70 SU and 40-49 ATS since 1997 as an underdog.

I'm laying the points with the bigger, stronger, more talented Sooners here.

POD- OKlahoma -3

Good Luck,

Metsfan
    Last edited by Metsfan83; 01-26-2009, 10:33 AM.

BOL Metsfan, like the call. I agree, everyone will be on OU but just like with Pitt. yesterday, they are the more talented team. I capped this game as OU by 9. Bring it in.

Comment

Welcome to the forum

gl Metsfan

Comment

Welcome good luck
        NFL...........0-0
        NCAAF ......4-3-1
        NBA...........0-0
        NCAAB.......0-0
        NHL...........0-0
        OVERALL
        0-0
        +70.0dls

110 dls per bet

Comment

Oklahoma: Sooners forward Blake Griffin leads the nation with
          16 double-doubles and got his latest in a 95-76 rout of Baylor on Saturday.
          The 6-foot-10 Griffin totaled 20 points and 17 rebounds and owns the Big 12
          record for games of at least 20 points and 15 rebounds with nine.
          He rolled his left ankle late in the first half against the Bears but said
          he will be ready for the latest game in the "Bedlam Series" against Oklahoma State.
          The Sooners have won five of the last six meetings.

Oklahoma State: The Cowboys will likely have a lot of trouble matching up
          with Griffin since the tallest member of their rotation is just 6-8 after 6-11 center
          Ibrahima Thomas decided to transfer just seven games into the season.
          Oklahoma State head coach Travis Ford has played 6-11 Scott Warner a
          total of five minutes in four games, so Malcoln Kirkland will need to step up.
          Ford usually likes to play three and four guards in the same lineup but may
          have to switch gears in order to deal with Griffin.

77% of the public is on Oklahoma according to xxxxxxxxxx!

There's no question that Okla is the better team.
          But that low line looks a little too inviting doesn't it?
          Who knows how bad his ankle injury really is - i don't.
          This should be a good in-state rivalry game to the wire.
          Every single stat leads to a Okla win - is it really that easy?

I hope they cover for you - good luck !

Comment

like the call today maybe the mets an do better than the last 2 years!they are just killing me !GO METS!

Comment

Originally posted by FRITO View Post
              Oklahoma: Sooners forward Blake Griffin leads the nation with
              16 double-doubles and got his latest in a 95-76 rout of Baylor on Saturday.
              The 6-foot-10 Griffin totaled 20 points and 17 rebounds and owns the Big 12
              record for games of at least 20 points and 15 rebounds with nine.
              He rolled his left ankle late in the first half against the Bears but said
              he will be ready for the latest game in the "Bedlam Series" against Oklahoma State.
              The Sooners have won five of the last six meetings.

Oklahoma State: The Cowboys will likely have a lot of trouble matching up
              with Griffin since the tallest member of their rotation is just 6-8 after 6-11 center
              Ibrahima Thomas decided to transfer just seven games into the season.
              Oklahoma State head coach Travis Ford has played 6-11 Scott Warner a
              total of five minutes in four games, so Malcoln Kirkland will need to step up.
              Ford usually likes to play three and four guards in the same lineup but may
              have to switch gears in order to deal with Griffin.

77% of the public is on Oklahoma according to xxxxxxxxxx!

There's no question that Okla is the better team.
              But that low line looks a little too inviting doesn't it?
              Who knows how bad his ankle injury really is - i don't.
              This should be a good in-state rivalry game to the wire.
              Every single stat leads to a Okla win - is it really that easy?

I hope they cover for you - good luck !

I don't think that line is off. Ok St. is 10-1 SU at home, their only loss was 97-95 to Mizzou.

As to the question of the public, I saw it at 88% earlier this morning, it will continue to drop as the day goes on. And sometimes it is that easy.

Thanks for the input.

Comment

Good Luck Metsfan, I'm on the other side so you must have the winner tonight.

Comment

BOL to ya Metsfan.
                  Records listed in members records forum.

Comment

Thanks for the well wishes guys.....

GL everyone

Comment

Good Luck Mets and to the forum ...

Comment

Welcome & Good Luck!!!

Comment

Good Luck &

Comment

Working...
                          X