Monday's Plays -- Just A Couple

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monday's Plays -- Just A Couple

Posting a couple of hockey games up here tonight that I really like a lot. Plus maybe some NBA basketball.

As I mentioned yesterday, I have really been taking a hard look at these college halftime plays and thats what I am going to concentrate on for a while as far as college baskets go. Still love my hockey though, and of course, the NBA.

I can kind of anticipate whether there is potential for halftime action in a particular game beforehand and since there are only a few games tonight, I looked at all of them and am fairly positive that there wont be a play tonight.

NHL

55/56 Carolina/Toronto Over 6 -120
    4 of last 5 Canes games have gone over and the Leaf's last two have gone over. Head to head 4 of the last 5 in Toronto went over and 7 of 11 overall. Both defenses have been struggling mightily in the new year and I look for that to continue here.

57 Dallas -110
    Stars have won the last 8 in Tampa and 12 of 15 overall. Dallas is bad. Tampa is worse.

63 NJ -110
    Preds dont excel against teams with winning records. Devils do excel against teams with losing records. Devils also a solid road team.

Good luck everyone!

Back with maybe some NBA.
    "The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who don't have it." George Bernard Shaw

GL bud!
    2019 SEASON
    NCAAF
    42-34-1 +4.30 units

NFL
    11-11 +2.60 units

Comment

BOL Tonight!

Comment

Good luck EB!!

Comment

NBA Play

Originally posted by 3ebRocks View Post

I can kind of anticipate whether there is potential for halftime action in a particular game beforehand and since there are only a few games tonight, I looked at all of them and am fairly positive that there wont be a play tonight.

Didnt have the Providence game on the one sheet I was reading from. Had a chance to look at the numbers and there is big potential there for a halftime play. I even like the over 68 in the first half a bit but Im waiting til the second so anyone interested check back then.

NBA

521/522 Milwaukee/Portland Over 198

Good Luck Everyone!
          "The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who don't have it." George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by 3ebRocks View Post
            Didnt have the Providence game on the one sheet I was reading from. Had a chance to look at the numbers and there is big potential there for a halftime play. I even like the over 68 in the first half a bit but Im waiting til the second so anyone interested check back then.

NBA

521/522 Milwaukee/Portland Over 198

Good Luck Everyone!

Hey dude, the line opened at 194 according to what I was able to dig up on that game. Now at my site, it is 198.5. Does that overall jump concern you at all? Thanks in advance for your reply! BOL my man!
            2019 SEASON
            NCAAF
            42-34-1 +4.30 units

NFL
            11-11 +2.60 units

Comment

It doesnt concern me because I dont know why it jumped so much other than the fact that it was too low in the first place. This is an over series for a few seasons now. 10 of 11 in Portland have gone over in this series. Also 8 of last 9 Buck games and 4 of last 5 Blazers games have gone over. Just think the public, sharps, whoever jumped on a line that was too low from the get go. Guess we will find out. But Im liking it.

Comment

Running late only a couple minutes til 2nd half tip.

Over 75 in Cincy/Prov game for 5 units

Good luck everyone!

Actually they dont tip off in 2nd half, but whatever.
                Last edited by 3ebRocks; 01-19-2009, 08:57 PM.

Comment

GL Rocker, I am with you on this one.

I love 2nd half plays, especially on totals. I look at how far off the totals are at half time from where they should be...based on vegas lines. I check injuries, and make the play.

I would be interested in your criteria...

Thanks for the plays and good luck

Comment

GL on the late ones 3eb

PK
                    No thrills, frills, spills or write-ups. Just givin ya the winners everyday.

Comment

Originally posted by Guns View Post
                      GL Rocker, I am with you on this one.

I love 2nd half plays, especially on totals. I look at how far off the totals are at half time from where they should be...based on vegas lines. I check injuries, and make the play.

I would be interested in your criteria...

Thanks for the plays and good luck

I look at what you mentioned of course. For example in the Providence game by taking over in the second half you are getting approximately 8 points better than the full game total. You need to have faith that when Vegas is wrong it not often and not by that much. And of course teams get blown out and blow out other teams by 10-20 even 30 points difference than the Vegas number, Im just saying that as a consistent thing to get 8 points better on the line by waiting til halftime should prove to be profitable by season's end.

That being said, its really only a part of what I look at. Now that we are about halfway through the season as far as games played and a few games into conference play, certain scoring trends develop as far as first half vs second half for each team whether home, away, in or out of conference, winning or losing at halftime and I look at recent trends over the last few games. With some teams there are huge disparities in looking at points for and points against in first half vs second half. If the halftime score isnt too high or two low and the game is within a certain spread as far as how much one team is beating the other by and the team itself falls into the category I mentioned above, its a play. If they both fall in, its a bigger play. That, in a nutshell, is what I look at.

And with all that being said, the game I just posted needs to pick up the pace a bit. But the fact that its a close game works greatly to the benefit of the over as seen in the Bradley game last night when we needed 15 points with a minute to go and it cruised over. So lets get this one!

Comment

I appreciate the response. I wish I had more time to track the games. You can get some great value if you have time to follow the games.

Yep, close games do help the over, not to mention possible OT. I have had some 2nd half unders that have been brutal losses....for the reasons mentioned above.

Thanks again, and good luck

Comment

Came up short 1 point short in the Providence game. A 3 point halftime lead swelled to close to 20 and that did us in I think. No excuses though.

Kansas Over 72.5 2nd Half 5 Units

Good luck everyone!

Comment

Lets get this one in buddy! Unreal this has dropped 1.5 points....I am suprised.

Comment

Originally posted by bryce View Post
                              Lets get this one in buddy! Unreal this has dropped 1.5 points....I am suprised.
                              72 and holding where I play. I dont put too much thought into 2nd half line movement. At least nowhere near as much as I do for the full game. I dont know why, guess because I have seen games go both ways as far as the movement situation. But you said it, lets get this game!

Comment

Working...
                              X