Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cardinals' Boldin bolts out back door

ESPN.com news services

GLENDALE, Ariz. -- The Arizona Cardinals used only one receiver on nine of their final 14 plays in the NFC Championship Game.

Boldin

Anquan Boldin was not that receiver.

Initial evidence suggests Boldin wasn't too happy with the situation.

As teammates streamed into the Cardinals' locker room after the 32-25 victory over the Philadelphia Eagles, Boldin was seen leaving out the back door.

The two-time Pro Bowler was asked if an NFC championship helped alleviate any ill feelings he had toward the team.

"That's not an issue," Boldin said, according to the San Francisco Chronicle. "Like I told you guys at the beginning of the season, my main goal was to do this. I've come through with all of my promises. I fought. I gave my heart to this organization. It's paying off."

NFL.com Video
    NFL Video Galleries

The Arizona Cardinals defeat the Philadelphia Eagles 32-25 in the NFC Championship Game.

Late in the game, cameras showed Boldin arguing with offensive coordinator Todd Haley on the sideline. Once the game ended, Boldin left the field quickly without celebrating.

In the locker room, Haley dismissed the sideline interaction as part of the game. He described himself as emotional.

"Just the emotions of the game," Haley said. "We're emotional guys. Like I said, I wear my heart on my sleeve and that's the way I go about business and I have to deal with that on a full-time basis."

Cameras also showed Haley and quarterback Kurt Warner in heated conversation, but Warner and Haley have a strong history.

Warner has even joked about spending so much time speaking with Haley that his wife has suspected the quarterback might be having an affair.

But Boldin's relationship with the team has been more contentious, stemming from a contract dispute.

Boldin even requested a trade in August, saying he didn't feel his situation could be resolved and declaring he has no relationship with coach Ken Whisenhunt.

Boldin has three years left on the four-year, $22.75 million extension he signed after the 2005 season that keeps him under contract through 2010. He's making an average of
    $4 million a year.

Information from ESPN.com's Mike Sando and The Associated Press was used in this report.

Arizona Cardinals receiver Anquan Boldin forgos NFC celebration after win - ESPN

Boldin would be very welcome in Baltimore.
    NBA is a joke

Comment

It's Even Worse

Don't be surprised if he's suspended for the Super Bowl.

Anquan Boldin even less valuable than previously thought - Shutdown Corner - NFL - Yahoo! Sports

Comment

that would be great lol
        NFL...........0-0
        NCAAF ......4-3-1
        NBA...........0-0
        NCAAB.......0-0
        NHL...........0-0
        OVERALL
        0-0
        +70.0dls

110 dls per bet

Comment

I agree with the end of that story. There is more to this story than meets the eye. Arguing with your offensive coordinator has become more acceptable these days and I dont see it as the horrible insubordination that many people seem to ascribe to it because lets face it even the best intentioned coaches miss important things. If Anquan honestly has a real beef with his team then even going to the Super Bowl isnt going to heal those wounds. Hopefully he can find peace in the offseason either with the Cardinals or without. Whoever decides to try and get him though is going to pay a lot for him cause the Cardinals cant give him up without getting something pretty premium back. Dont think for even an instant that this is going to influence him to play poorly or that he wont want to win any less. Every player dreams about Super Bowls as kids.

Also...I think leaving the locker room shows a bit of professionalism on his part. He doesnt want to celebrate with his team or bring them down. Best thing he can do is get in and get out where he wont be a hinderance to the morale of the team after such a huge win for them.

PK
          No thrills, frills, spills or write-ups. Just givin ya the winners everyday.

Comment

yeah, something odd here as Boldin has always seemed to be a team guy.

Comment

giants are going to go after this guy in the off season

Comment

The Patriots need him!

Comment

Originally posted by joshuab1 View Post
                  giants are going to go after this guy in the off season
                  Three Jack's Record http://www.bettorschat.com/forums/sh...10#post1323910

Comment

If the Cards trade Boldin, it won't be to a NFC team!

Comment

He signed the contract now honor it. Greg Jennings doesn't
                      even get $ 900,000 a year for the Packers. This year nine
                      touchdowns with 80 catches for 1292 yards. Jennings wants
                      more money and he deserves it. He said he signed a contract
                      and he will honor that contract. He knows after 2009 he'll
                      get a very nice deal after his current contract expires or the
                      Packers choose to put a deal together sooner. Donald Driver
                      makes alot more money than Jennings but you'll never hear
                      him complain about it. Boldin should be happy he has the
                      chance to play in a Superbowl. Alot of great players never
                      had the chance. There's no me in football. It takes a team
                      with talent, good chemistry, veteran leadership and good
                      coaching. Arizona has it all with a very nice facility and great
                      weather. Enjoy it. You may never see another Superbowl
                      again. Ask T.O.

Comment

I agree deano but if he is going to be a cancer in the clubhouse, i would trade him. Move Breaston up to the #2 guy and get a boatload of nice draft picks for Boldin and keep building!

Comment

Matt Ryan would love to have him. White on 1 side Boldin on the other=WATCH OUT!!!

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218 View Post
                            If the Cards trade Boldin, it won't be to a NFC team!
                            Hmmmmm...maybe not an NFC West team but if they get a superior package from an NFC East, or Central, team, I could see it happening. I agree that if the packages are equivalent, they would send him to the AFC.

Interesting that you say that they wouldn't trade him to an entire conference but you wanted the Pack to trade Favre to a division rival.
                            Three Jack's Record http://www.bettorschat.com/forums/sh...10#post1323910

Comment

Originally posted by Three Jack View Post

Interesting that you say that they wouldn't trade him to an entire conference but you wanted the Pack to trade Favre to a division rival.
                              What i wanted and what they want are 2 different things, sorta like you wanting Boldin. Just like Green Bay, it ain't gonna happen to a NFC team. There are plenty of AFC teams that they do not have to face each year that i'm sure would want him. If Arizona wins their division and so do the Giants, they will play every year. Arizona is not that stupid (IMO).

Comment

Working...
                              X