X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spears 10* Philly/Arizona NFL Playoff

Philly -4

Reasons:
    Andy Reid always has stressed the importance of winning the battle up front in order to have success in the NFL. In 2008, the Eagles did exactly that, as both the offensive and defensive lines contributed heavily to the productivity of the team.
    • Defensively, the Eagles were 3rd
    the NFL with 48 sacks in 2008,
    producing 1 every 11.9 pass plays

• The offensive line was much
    improved in 2008, surrendering
    just 23 sacks all season, which
    was the 7th-lowest total in the NFL

• The Eagles allowed 1 sack
    every 27.3 pass plays, which
    was the best mark in team
    history
    • With a +25 sack ratio in
    2008, the Eagles finished the
    season with the 3rd-best
    ratio in the NFL

With McNabb at QB - the team performs as such.
    • Has 4 or more TD passes: 11-0
    • Has a QB rating over 100.0: 40-1
    • Has a completion percentage over 70%: 14-0
    • Passes for over 300 yards: 19-5-1
    • Completes 20-or more passes: 49-18-1
    • Does not throw an INT: 44-18
    • Is sacked fewer than twice: 26-7

K David Akers
    • Has connected on 28/32 (87.5) career postseason FG atts., including
    8/9 from beyond 40 yds.
    • Has made his last 18 postseason field goal attempts, which is an
    NFL record. His last miss came on 1/11/04 vs. GB
    • With 28 FGs, trails Adam Vinatieri (42) and Gary Anderson (32) for
    the NFL’s postseason record
    • Nailed 2 game-winning FGs - one in overtime (1/11/04 vs. GB) and
    one as time expired in the 4th qtr. (1/7/07 vs NYG)

The defense
    The Eagles defense has been stellar in the 2008
    playoffs, allowing just 25 points in 2 games and forcing
    5 turnovers (3 INTs, 2 FR).
    In the history of the franchise, the Eagles have
    allowed just 17.6 points per game in the playoffs (633
    points in 36 games), which is the 2nd-lowest total in NFL history among teams who have played at least 10 playoff games.
    Over the last 7 games (regular and postseason), the Eagles have allowed just 12.1 points per game, which is second only toBaltimore’s 10.9 points per game during that span.
    Last edited by Spearit; 01-15-2009, 11:11 AM.
    "The range of what we think and do is limited by what we fail to notice.

Damn it spears. I was all but locked and loaded for a Zona ML play. I'm still going back and forth on this game

Good luck to you and thanks for the great writeup.

Comment

Great post. I really do not see any way they lose this game.
      2010: 23-12 +37.8
      2011: 4-0 + 20
      09-11 5*s and up: 34-7

Comment

Originally posted by mark30 View Post
        Great post. I really do not see any way they lose this game.
        That's the problem for me Mark. NOBODY DOES. Just like last week.

Comment

Thats true but i still dont see it.

Comment

same for me pw52
            NFL...........0-0
            NCAAF ......4-3-1
            NBA...........0-0
            NCAAB.......0-0
            NHL...........0-0
            OVERALL
            0-0
            +70.0dls

110 dls per bet

Comment

i can see philly losing
              NFL...........0-0
              NCAAF ......4-3-1
              NBA...........0-0
              NCAAB.......0-0
              NHL...........0-0
              OVERALL
              0-0
              +70.0dls

110 dls per bet

Comment

also pitt also baltimore also cards
                NFL...........0-0
                NCAAF ......4-3-1
                NBA...........0-0
                NCAAB.......0-0
                NHL...........0-0
                OVERALL
                0-0
                +70.0dls

110 dls per bet

Comment

But Spear dude, Boldin will be back and they took care of Atlantas rushing offense only allowing 60 yards. The team is playing on a high note and is at home.

Well lets see what happened in the Atlanta game for Arizona to win by 6 points. 30-24

On the 2nd snap after intermission, DT Darnell Dockett made the game’s pivotal play when he blew up a hand-off between Ryan and Turne. FS Antrel Rolle picked the ball out of the air and returned it 27 yards for the go-ahead TD.

Well with two 330 pound tackles, McNabb will be able to hold off this blitzing defense.
                  McNabb has been here before. 2nd best away team to play the game (after the Pats).
                  Ready to come back to Florida and try again for a Super Bowl.

Comment

Mark as an eagles fan I can see where you are coming from, if I was a fan this week I would not be able to see it at all.

Sorry to cluster your thread spears but I can see Arizona winning using quick passes both deep to fitz and quick to boldin to neutralize the blitz. This will be Kurt Warner's third CC game and Whisenhunt comes from the Cowher tree which seems to make a few good calls a game in these playoff games. The D plays well at home so I think it could happen, not saying it will but it could. Plus, westbrook may be a little banged up.

Here's a question I have for you spears, the Mcnabb contract situation adds an interesting dynamic to this game. This may sound crazy, but I feel like if they lose this game it will bode better for mcnabb in philly next year. If they win it and go on to win the SB, management may think it is not worth dishing out serious bucks to an older SATISFIED QB. Just a thought.
                    Last edited by PW52; 01-15-2009, 11:29 AM.

Comment

8* Arizona 3rd Qtr

Kurt Warner was dominant this season in the third quarter,
                      throwing for an NFL-high 1,459 yards, 12 TDs and 0 INTs for a
                      passer rating of 116.2.

Warner in the 3rd Quarter—2008 Regular Season
                      Att Comp Pct. Yds TD INT Rate
                      176 120 68.2 1,459 12 0 116.2

The Cardinals offense was been the best in the NFL during the
                      regular season in putting up points in the third quarter. Arizona
                      came out following halftime and scored a franchise record 154
                      points in the third quarter, 39 points more than the league’s
                      second ranked team (New Orleans—115).

Comment

Originally posted by Spearit View Post
                        8* Arizona 3rd Qtr

Kurt Warner was dominant this season in the third quarter,
                        throwing for an NFL-high 1,459 yards, 12 TDs and 0 INTs for a
                        passer rating of 116.2.

Warner in the 3rd Quarter—2008 Regular Season
                        Att Comp Pct. Yds TD INT Rate
                        176 120 68.2 1,459 12 0 116.2

The Cardinals offense was been the best in the NFL during the
                        regular season in putting up points in the third quarter. Arizona
                        came out following halftime and scored a franchise record 154
                        points in the third quarter, 39 points more than the league’s
                        second ranked team (New Orleans—115).
                        WOW, very nice info. This may be a nice play, this says a lot about the halftime adjustments arizona makes. I may just watch a half of this game and make a play at half using this info as a possible angle.

Comment

thanks for the info and gl in ur bets
                          NFL...........0-0
                          NCAAF ......4-3-1
                          NBA...........0-0
                          NCAAB.......0-0
                          NHL...........0-0
                          OVERALL
                          0-0
                          +70.0dls

110 dls per bet

Comment

Mcnabb is under contract already for the next 3 years. If they dont give him a new deal he still going to make 9 million next year.
                            I know im a fan but this team is been on a roll since thanksgiving.The D is incredible. Kurt Warner has not beat the Eagles since 01. The last 3 meetings he has 7 turnovers and has ben sacked 12 times. The way to beat Warner is to pressure him and who puts more pressure on a qb than the Eagles.

Comment

Originally posted by PW52 View Post
                              Mark as an eagles fan I can see where you are coming from, if I was a fan this week I would not be able to see it at all.

Sorry to cluster your thread spears but I can see Arizona winning using quick passes both deep to fitz and quick to boldin to neutralize the blitz. This will be Kurt Warner's third CC game and Whisenhunt comes from the Cowher tree which seems to make a few good calls a game in these playoff games. The D plays well at home so I think it could happen, not saying it will but it could. Plus, westbrook may be a little banged up.

Here's a question I have for you spears, the Mcnabb contract situation adds an interesting dynamic to this game. This may sound crazy, but I feel like if they lose this game it will bode better for mcnabb in philly next year. If they win it and go on to win the SB, management may think it is not worth dishing out serious bucks to an older SATISFIED QB. Just a thought.
                              Very good points PW52.
                              Concerning the contract issues for McNabb.

From what I read, and granted you are probably better acquainted with this, Kolb is probably a year off from taling the reigns of this team. Of course, if the playoffs were to come to an end for the Eagles, then I would say McNabb, which is 32, could go, much in the way Favre was let go.
                              However, I don't see it. Too much money in the organization and too many damn nice draft players filling the void, to gamble on a change at QB.
                              No, I really think Eagles Management has it "Balls to the Wall" and "Lets do this" only on their collective minds.
                              McNabb states, “I’m still under contract. I guess it would be solidified by, so I don’t have to answer this question, getting a new deal,” McNabb said. “I don’t truly focus on that. I expect to be here, and I will play this game like it’s not my last. You just go out and try to put everything on the field and give all your guys that confidence knowing that you’re going to sell out for them.”

Comment

Working...
                              X