AFC Championship Myth Buster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AFC Championship Myth Buster

Well, we've all heard the fabled, " Its tough to beat a team 3 times in a season", right?

Its happened 18 times since 1982 where a team was 2-0, and the teams met for a third time.

The 2-0 teams went on to win for a 3rd time 11 times. Thought it was interesting how the talking heads yet again come up with misinformation and perpetuate it enough that it becomes accepted as fact, even though the exact opposite is true.

Just some food for thought.

Interesting. I was wondering about this myself. Thanks atolunch!

Comment

Originally posted by atolunch View Post
      Well, we've all heard the fabled, " Its tough to beat a team 3 times in a season", right?

Its happened 18 times since 1982 where a team was 2-0, and the teams met for a third time.

The 2-0 teams went on to win for a 3rd time 11 times. Thought it was interesting how the talking heads yet again come up with misinformation and perpetuate it enough that it becomes accepted as fact, even though the exact opposite is true.

Just some food for thought.

Thanks for pointing that out;I always thought it was garbage.
      We are dealing with the Playoffs here, and if anything, I think the advantage goes to Pitt., who are at home and thus pretty confident, last week not withstanding when the visiting teams dominated.

Comment

Well you beat them twice for a reason; probably because the team that won the first 2 times is better. lol

Nice info

thanks
        Questions, comments, complaints:
        [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by jcindaville View Post
          Well you beat them twice for a reason; probably because the team that won the first 2 times is better. lol

Nice info

thanks
          or lucky! lol

Comment

Working...
          X