Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flares thoughts on the Ravens and picks!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flares thoughts on the Ravens and picks!!

You all know the Ravens are my team and I have done real well both betting with and against them. Check my write up when they played the Dolphins!

http://www.bettorschat.com/forums/al...t-ed-reed.html

The last time I went against them was when the Giants destroyed them.

The Ravens are playing great and have a lot of momentum. Tennessee is getting healthy and playing at home. Both teams know each other well. Here is the way I see this game:

I do not like this game at all and think there are better plays out there so I am not going to force it. This is a tough matchup. Two physical teams, some history etc.

Reasons to go with the Ravens:

Their defense, momentum, Koch's punting has been great, Flacco is settling in, power running of McLain, Ed Reed and the rest.

Reasons to go against the Ravens:

Playing away, tend to get penalized at cruicial times, Matt Stover is weak legged and struggling some.

Reasons to take the Titans:

Playing at home, rested, Jeff Fisher is a great coach, They can run the ball, they have a good defense, Matt Baronas is a weapon.

Reasons not to take the Titans:

Collins will get pressured and cannot move well, the Ravens put teams in a lot of 3rd and longs, The Tenn offense is not real explosive.

My Take: I will take Tennessee for small and under for small. This is not a load up type game for me.

I really think that Tenn (if they are smart) will not test the Ravens or Ed Reed deep and throw underneath all game. Miami would have had a chance if they had kept doing that. Tenn will break a long run or two as the Ravens will get caught blitzing too much. NY Giants did that to them.

I caution Tenn big bettors to look out for the Ravens gadget plays that Cam Cameron has shown all year, it could break open a tight game if Tenn gets tricked.

I love my team but when betting, I put my heart aside and go with my logic and instinct. I will go small so if I lose, I will be happy if the Ravens win which they could very easily do. Just hope the Titans dont win by 3 or less

I think this ends up around:

Titans 20 Ravens 13

Now the night game: Carolina -9-
    I love Carolina!!! My POD!! I am glad Wayne made this a GOY cause I was going big on this one anyway.

I think they have a great chance to go all the way. With bad weather and Boldin hurt, the Cards will not score like crazy. I predict the Cards defense will be on the field a looooooonnnnnnngggggggg time with the Panthers power running game. By the 4th quarter, the Cards will have be ready to call it quits.

Panthers 38 Arizona 10

Enjoy the games fellas
    NBA is a joke

Good Luck Flare
    2012 - 2013 NCAAF

21 - 20 - 0

2012 - 2013 NFL

14 - 10 - 1

Comment

I hope your success in correctly calling Ravens games continues today as I just threw down heavy on the Titans...GL!!!
      SOBER SINCE MARCH 28TH OF 2007!!!

Comment

Good Luck Flare

Comment

GL buddy
          2013 NCAA POD Record

8-3ATS +3.80 units

2013 NFL POD Record

1-2 ATS -4.50 units

Comment

Ravens got by but Tennessee was the better team. Thats how it goes sometimes.

I had it wrong on Baronas vs Stover. Clutch kick by Stover.

Tennessee's O-line was dominate in picking up blitzes.

My feeling is that this game was going to be tougher than if/when they play the Steelers. Steelers O-line not nearly as good.
            NBA is a joke

Comment

Working...
            X