Ohio State top 10?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ohio State top 10?

I know it really doesn't matter, but I just don't understand why this team keeps getting the love. 10-3 in an awful conference, and lost to the only 3 good teams they played. No......I'm not bitter b/c they finished ahead of Georgia (which is a joke) b/c if you ain't #1 I'm not too concerned. I just think it is funny how much love they get.

Originally posted by harold_bush View Post

I know it really doesn't matter, but I just don't understand why this team keeps getting the love. 10-3 in an awful conference, and lost to the only 3 good teams they played. No......I'm not bitter b/c they finished ahead of Georgia (which is a joke) b/c if you ain't #1 I'm not too concerned. I just think it is funny how much love they get.
    Espn and all the media kiss there ass so much.

Comment

A little harsh guys. Ohio State IMO deserves to be right where they are at.
      They lost to USC-Penn State and Texas. It is really hard to argue that they don't deserve to be in the top ten. I think its a good ranking.
      Who do you think should be ahead of them?

Comment

Originally posted by bryce View Post
        A little harsh guys. Ohio State IMO deserves to be right where they are at.
        They lost to USC-Penn State and Texas. It is really hard to argue that they don't deserve to be in the top ten. I think its a good ranking.
        Who do you think should be ahead of them?
        They beat:
        Youngstown St.
        Ohio
        Troy
        Minnesota
        Wisky
        Purde
        NW
        Mich St
        Michigan

Yes, some marginal bowl teams, but when your best win is...what.......Troy???? You don't deserve top 10 status.

I would move the 4 teams behind them: Oregon, Boise, Texas Tech, Georgia, and maybe even Ole Miss ahead of them. around #14/#15 sounds about right.

Comment

They beat:
          Youngstown St.
          Ohio
          Troy
          Minnesota
          Wisky
          Purde
          NW
          Mich St
          Michigan

Yes, some marginal bowl teams, but when your best win is...what.......Troy???? You don't deserve top 10 status.

I would move the 4 teams behind them: Oregon, Boise, Texas Tech, Georgia, and maybe even Ole Miss ahead of them. around #14/#15 sounds about right.
          I see your point--I guess this is why we need a college playoff. You make a good point with the teams listed. I don't know if OSU would beat any of them teams. Very different style of teams with most of them having a good offense.

Comment

ga stinks.

Comment

Originally posted by Pontist View Post
              ga stinks.
              That's some good info......thanks for the input. Just might be the best post I've ever seen.

Comment

I don't support the Big 10 by any means, but you can make the same arguement the other way around, they ONLY lost to good teams, and penn st. and tex pretty close games, and they DIDN'T get upset or lose to the weaker part of their schedule. Their three losses are to two top fives and a top 10 opponent (final rankings). Just to play the other side of this arguement, and maybe not totally undeserved
                "CFB YTD: 5-8-1 -16.2"

Comment

Originally posted by Pontist View Post
                  ga stinks.
                  Your mom stinks, at least she did last night!

just kidding, you left it wide open Pontiff

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Richt View Post
                    Your mom stinks, at least she did last night!

just kidding, you left it wide open Pontiff
                    Bump. Guys, I did a funny which doesn't happen much. Give me some props!

Comment

That's some good info......thanks for the input. Just might be the best post I've ever seen.
                      i left that message on purpose...lol but ga stinks....
                      they do buddy. average coaching year after year, tons of talent, lots of speed and never live up to expectations. forget the SEC BIG 11 comparisons, GA is a middle of the road team nationally as are the buckeyes. im a big fan of the power conferences and a huge buckeye fan and we will be first to admit they didnt belong in the fiesta bowl this year or the national championship last year. as for georgia, when was their last true meaningful win...i mean a win that set put them in a position you wish them to be in? the cocktail party, hawaii...as in osu's case, its been a while for the dawgs. maybe longer for the boys from athens. he is the problem, i call it OSUitis. Once a team like OSU or GA lose, the key players throw it in neutral for most of the rest of the year or bowl game. GA was 30 points better than MSU, all of bigtime players, like Beanie Wells this year fr OSU walked on eggshells to not risk injury. OSU throttled MSU this, GA should have done the same. OSU smells so my anaylsis that GA stinks is viable vs common opponents. : )

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Richt View Post
                        Bump. Guys, I did a funny which doesn't happen much. Give me some props!
                        props mark. can i state the obvious that your nba and nfl records stink! just kidding dude : )

Comment

Working...
                        X