Clear All

• CFB Thursday---The Money Has Been Right All Bowl Season

CFB YTD 39-30 +8.7 units
    Bowls 8-3 +8.6 units
    4* GOY 1-1 -0.4 units
    3* 1-2 -3.6 units
    2* 10-4 +11.2 units
    1* 27-23 +1.5 units

I won my 4* Bowl GOY Tuesday with Tulsa and a 2* Monday with Ohio State.

There have been several bowl games with monster line moves and in most cases, they money was correct. Here are some huge line movers that won easily:
    Notre Dame +2 to -3
    Ohio State +10 1/2 to +8
    Tulsa +3 to -3
    Mississippi +6 1/2 to +4

There've been a couple of others that went the other way but lost including:
    Penn State +10 to +8

In general, the public action has been correct and the books got killed on some very bad lines (Notre Dame a dog at Hawaii was the worst line I've seen in a bowl in five years).

I have been fortunate enough to have been on the right side of several of these moves by betting early and posting my plays here at the line I got. Tonight's game is another example. For weeks I have posted in my CFB threads a pending play on:

1* Florida -3

I will count this selection, win or lose, in my record but I can't strongly reccommend the Gators at the current -5 1/2 or -6. My own line has Florida winning by about a touchdown.

Still, Urban Meyer is a brilliant coach and I'm convinced there'll be trick plays using Tebow. Oklahoma was suckered by that kind of stuff against Boise two years ago. In a shootout, I like Florida.

NBA

Opinion only

Knicks
    Last edited by griswold; 01-08-2009, 07:28 PM.

gl tonight gris

Comment

Line all the way back down to -4. It's reasonable again. Go Florida

Comment

good luck gris go florida
        jt4545

Fat Tuesday's - Home

Comment

Originally posted by griswold View Post
          CFB YTD 39-30 +8.7 units
          Bowls 8-3 +8.6 units
          4* GOY 1-1 -0.4 units
          3* 1-2 -3.6 units
          2* 10-4 +11.2 units
          1* 27-23 +1.5 units

I won my 4* Bowl GOY Tuesday with Tulsa and a 2* Monday with Ohio State.

There have been several bowl games with monster line moves and in most cases, they money was correct. Here are some huge line movers that won easily:
          Notre Dame +2 to -3
          Ohio State +10 1/2 to +8
          Tulsa +3 to -3
          Mississippi +6 1/2 to +4

There've been a couple of others that went the other way but lost including:
          Penn State +10 to +8

In general, the public action has been correct and the books got killed on some very bad lines (Notre Dame a dog at Hawaii was the worst line I've seen in a bowl in five years).

I have been fortunate enough to have been on the right side of several of these moves by betting early and posting my plays here at the line I got. Tonight's game is another example. For weeks I have posted in my CFB threads a pending play on:

1* Florida -3

I will count this selection, win or lose, in my record but I can't strongly reccommend the Gators at the current -5 1/2 or -6. My own line has Florida winning by about a touchdown.

Still, Urban Meyer is a brilliant coach and I'm convinced there'll be trick plays using Tebow. Oklahoma was suckered by that kind of stuff against Boise two years ago. In a shootout, I like Florida.

NBA

Opinion only

Knicks
          Nice call, congrats on the winner

Comment

Working...
          X