Independence and Humanitarian Bowl Plays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Independence and Humanitarian Bowl Plays

I have resisted the temptation to play all the bowl games and have been cherry picking the ones I feel best about. So far I am 3-0 on my posted bowl plays ( Wake, South Florida and Notre Dame.

Here are my plays for the Independence Bowl that goes off on Sunday 12/28 and the Humanitarian Bowl that goes on Tuesday, 12/30. I love La. Tech +1 against Northern Illinois. This game basically shapes up as a home game for La. Tech. Their campus is only 65 miles from where the game is being played, so they will have a definite home field advantage. La. Tech has only lost 1 game at home this year against Nevada (35-31). La Tech has a very strong running game and should be able to hold the ball for long periods. I like La. Tech to win by 10-14 points.

Humantarian Bowl- Like Nevada -2 over Maryland. I am a Maryland alum and trust me when I say that Maryland would rather be in just about any other bowl than this one. Spending a few days in Boise in the middle of December doesn't sound like fun. About 5 weeks ago Maryland had a legitimate shot at
    going to a BCS game. All they had to do was win their last 2 games against Florida State and Boston College and they were going to the ACC title game with a shot at the Orange Bowl against Cincinatti. Instead they got Nevada in Boise which is got to be a major letdown.. As of about 10 days ago Maryland had sold about 24 tickets to the game from their allotment. Cheapest airfare from Maryland to Boise is $800. Not to many alumni want to spend that kind of money to see their team in Boise. As a result I would expect a pro Nevada crowd. In addition Nevada has the second ranked rushing attack in the NCAA just behind Navy. Maryland's rushing defense has been shaky all year. Their offensive line has had problems protecting the QB which could be a problem in going against the Nevada defense that ranks 8th in sacks in the country. All things considered I think Maryland gives a half hearted effort. I can see Nevada winning by 14-20 points. Good luck to everyone this weekend on their bowl picks.

gl Raven

Comment

GL this weekend raven
      2013 NCAA POD Record

8-3ATS +3.80 units

2013 NFL POD Record

1-2 ATS -4.50 units

Comment

G
        O
        O
        D