First Bowl Selection And Its A Big Play

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Bowl Selection And Its A Big Play

Took til the seventh bowl game to find a game that I like enough to post and I like this one a lot. I anticipate posting and playing between 10-15 bowls this season with most of them being regular 2 unit plays, with a couple 5's and it looks like 1 10 unit bomb I have my eye on.

On to the selection:

Hawaii Bowl

213 Notre Dame -2 Units

We have all heard that Notre Dame has lost 9 straight bowl games and in that span is 1-8 ATS but my feeling on that is that games that were played in the early to mid 90's when their current players were in grade school dont have much of an effect on my analysis. Sure Weiss and these players are part of that trend as under his watch they are 0-2 ATS in bowls getting outscored 75-34. But those were against the top 5 teams of Ohio State and LSU and Hawaii is a huge step down in competition in comparison to those teams.

Notre Dame did not exactly play a schedule filled with major powers but a closer look at the strength of schedule shows Hawaii ended their season playing 3 of the last 5 against the #107, #119 and #111 ranked defenses which should improve any team's record and it did theirs. And even playing this type of schedule, Hawaii ranked #117 of 119 teams in TO margin. That tells me their is lack of experience and also a coaching staff that does not concentrate on the fundamentals as much as they should. And that makes some sense with Hawaii led by a rookie head coach, thus having no bowl experience. There is a long layoff between the season finale and the bowl game and McMacklin's preparation is still a question mark.

Its tough for me to imagine that Charlie Weis does not have his team fully focused for this game. If he does and they are, Notre Dame wins this game by double digits.

Good luck everyone.
    Last edited by 3ebRocks; 12-24-2008, 12:19 AM.
    "The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who don't have it." George Bernard Shaw

good luck rocks
    "CFB YTD: 5-8-1 -16.2"

Comment

Good luck buddy on the other side but one of us will be happy
      MLB 2012***100-98 +$215 OR +2.15 UNITS
      HUGE PLAYS 2-1

NFL 2011-2012** 6-10
      0-0TOP PLAYS

NCAA FBL 2011-2012**** 26-23

4-1 TOP PLAYS

GOY 33-12 ALL SPORTS

AS of 6/3/12

Comment

good luck buddy. i'm on the other side but i've sucked iin college this year so you look good !!!
        dave
        jc Wishes He Can Get A Goat

Comment

BOL Rocks. My sentiments exactly. If Notre Dame shit's the bed Weis better start looking for a real estate agent to list his house. He is already on the hot seat heading into next year and it will only go up about 50 degrees if ND chokes this one away.

Comment

I'm with you brutha. Crazy how the cappers in here are so split on this game. I've seen quite a few GOY type plays in here on both sides of this one.

Comment

I lean toward ND only because I believe they play a tougher schedule and might be trying to save the coach's job. Also, they would like to break that long bowl losing streak.
              On the other hand, The ND players are away from their familes, and there are all kinds of nice things to distract them on the Island.
              It comes down to motivation;if this was a midseason game played on a neutral site, and someone asked me to simply pick the winner, it would be no brainer to pick ND.
              However, that is not the case here, and in all due respect, I don't know how anyone can make this a Lock for either side;by my way of thinking, there are simply too many uncertainties and intangibles.
              Last edited by savage1; 12-24-2008, 10:25 AM.

Comment

still dont know who iam picking here but wish u good luck rocks
                NFL...........0-0
                NCAAF ......4-3-1
                NBA...........0-0
                NCAAB.......0-0
                NHL...........0-0
                OVERALL
                0-0
                +70.0dls

110 dls per bet

Comment

gl tonight 3eb...have a good and safe holiday my man

Don't make me go Cajun on your Ass!

Comment

GL and merry christmas
                    2013 NCAA POD Record

8-3ATS +3.80 units

2013 NFL POD Record

1-2 ATS -4.50 units

Comment

GL! Merry Xmas!
                      2019 SEASON
                      NCAAF
                      42-34-1 +4.30 units

NFL
                      11-11 +2.60 units

Comment

BOL tonite Rocks.
                        Records listed in members records forum.

Comment

GL tonite Rocks

Comment

I too struggled with this one! GL and Happy Holidays!

Comment

GL and Have a Wonderful Xmas Rocks!
                              NFL
                              5* 1-0
                              2* 6-2-1
                              1* 9-4
                              total = 16-6-1

Comment

Working...
                              X