Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TUESDAYS PLAYS WITH A 20* AND A 10* (Bowl Game)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Terrible Coaching by Peterson at the End of the Game

After the interception, there was 1:41 on the clock and Boise had one time out down by a single point. There is only one logical thing to do. You let TCU score. This puts you down by 8 points and still gives you about 1:30 left to go down and tie the game. Tell me one other option Boise has if they want to win that game? This is why gamblers should be coaches. No one even mentioned it. None of those idiots in the booth said a word. The only option Boise has after the pick is to let TCU score. That is the first question I would ask Chris Peterson at the post-game press conference. Another genius that doesn't understand the situation of the game. Anyone here possibly disagree with me on this? By the way, only TCU can dominate a game that much and only win by a single freaking point.

Comment

GG you are absolutely right. However, TCU does not have to score if they do not want to. If a TCU player is smart they will go down on their own knowing that Boises only chance is if they get the ball back and they will go down and then run the victory formation. You may say this is unlikely but brian westbrook actually did it last year vs the dallas cowboys. While Boise did not even attempt to let them score and while it is more likely that TCU would have taken it, it is not a guarantee.

Comment

gg u right

I was thinking same thing, and really thought they'd do it as Boise usually does whatever it takes to win. I was thinking gosh, the announcers should mention it - what are they thinking?

good point on running to the one and taking a knee, did see westbrook do it, but i think tcu would have taken it in...

tick tack PIs no doubt. and then they didnt call the same type for tcu!

anyway, tough loss. we've had em before and we'll have em again. great job capping consistent winners over the last few years my man!

Comment

Originally posted by GOLDENGREEK View Post

After the interception, there was 1:41 on the clock and Boise had one time out down by a single point. There is only one logical thing to do. You let TCU score. This puts you down by 8 points and still gives you about 1:30 left to go down and tie the game. Tell me one other option Boise has if they want to win that game? This is why gamblers should be coaches. No one even mentioned it. None of those idiots in the booth said a word. The only option Boise has after the pick is to let TCU score. That is the first question I would ask Chris Peterson at the post-game press conference. Another genius that doesn't understand the situation of the game. Anyone here possibly disagree with me on this? By the way, only TCU can dominate a game that much and only win by a single freaking point.

Greek, I put up a post in the in-game thread discussing this scenario when there was still like 3 minutes to go in the game Awful. I know TCU could have just fallen down if they let him go, a la Brain Westrbrook last year, but I'd say 80% of the time the kid running the ball wouldn't have thought about it and kept running....after all it is instinct to try and score.

Comment

A good coach(in this case the one for TCU) would prepare his players sometime during the season for this type of scenario and send instructions in from the sideline with one minute and forty one seconds left in this particular instance to remind them not to fall for this trick should Boise try it.
            He would tell them under the circumstances to let whoever run the ball but to fall short of the goal line and keep doing so until the game ended(unless of course he had bet TCU himself ).
            Last edited by savage1; 12-24-2008, 10:04 AM.

Comment

I totally agree with Dino every College and Pro team should had an experienced Gambler on there Staff.. No one know clock management better.. we see countless mistakes at the end of halfs and the games I have been saying this for year.

Comment

took the words outta my mouth. i was saying the same thing and feel its a logical solution. what would they have to loose.

Comment

the other option would have been go for it on 4th down instead of kicking the fg. they still had all 3 timeouts and if it was unsuccessful tcu would have been on their 15 or 20. granted this would've put boise ahead by 3 but i'd rather lose straight up than by the team i bet on winning but not covering and especially a 3 pt spread

Comment

I was hoping BS would go for the first dow instead of kicking the field goal. They had to know they might not get the ball back

Comment

Working...
                    X