Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Favre vs Rodgers....and the winner is....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favre vs Rodgers....and the winner is....

CHAD PENNINGTON! Favre has looked old the last 4 weeks, Rodgers has played well, but hasn't stepped up in key spots to win a game. Compare the two and they are on a par, in my mind, and Rodgers has age on his side...but the one who made out like bandits out of this whole thing are the Dolphns and Chad Pennington! Who woulda thunk!?!?!?!?
    Three Jack's Record http://www.bettorschat.com/forums/sh...10#post1323910

GREAT post

Comment

Favre Pro Bowl? What a joke! Leads league in INTs.

Comment

good bye already!!!
        Nothing is as far away as one minute ago.

Comment

Originally posted by frankb03 View Post
          Favre Pro Bowl? What a joke! Leads league in INTs.
          Favre throws so many INTs because he isn't afraid of taking chances. The guy isn't scared... you can look at the INTs, but he makes just as many great plays with that fearlessness as he does stupid ones. Most INTs all-time, and still the greatest QB of all time, that in itself proves that interceptions aren't the be all end all of quaterback greatness.

As for who the winner is in all this, I'm a long time Pack fan, and a big time Favre fan, so I root for NY.... and the winner certainly isn't me this year.
          "CFB YTD: 5-8-1 -16.2"

Comment

Originally posted by mavskidd02 View Post
            Favre throws so many INTs because he isn't afraid of taking chances. The guy isn't scared... you can look at the INTs, but he makes just as many great plays with that fearlessness as he does stupid ones. Most INTs all-time, and still the greatest QB of all time, that in itself proves that interceptions aren't the be all end all of quaterback greatness.

As for who the winner is in all this, I'm a long time Pack fan, and a big time Favre fan, so I root for NY.... and the winner certainly isn't me this year.

Comment

Originally posted by molta02 View Post
              Favre being the greatest QB of all time has to be a joke. How dare anyone say that, right???? Get over yourself.
              "CFB YTD: 5-8-1 -16.2"

Comment

I think we're being a little hard on Favre. The leadership factor in football is real and I don't think it's a coincidence the Jets got better when he arrived.

He also has lousy wide receivers. The stupid Mangini decision to go for it on fourth down deep in his own territory was almost bailed out by Favre making a perfect pass on a bomb that the receiver just plain dropped.

That being said, Favre is clearly not at the level he once was and didn't deserve the Pro Bowl.

As for the best QB in the bunch, maybe it's Matt Cassell...LOL

While I don't agree with all your points, this was a very interesting post, threejack

Comment

I just wish i could have been either one, how much fun would that have been? Just to play the game of football!!!!!
                  jt4545

Fat Tuesday's - Home

Comment

Originally posted by griswold View Post
                    I think we're being a little hard on Favre. The leadership factor in football is real and I don't think it's a coincidence the Jets got better when he arrived.

He also has lousy wide receivers. The stupid Mangini decision to go for it on fourth down deep in his own territory was almost bailed out by Favre making a perfect pass on a bomb that the receiver just plain dropped.
                    hmmmm...not sure how much he is responsible (alone) for making them better. They spent a fortune on the O Line and the rest of the team by signing vets. He was very good for 11 or 12 games and has looked real tired lately...comes up short on a bunch of throws. I can't say that they are better with Favre, than Pennington, with everything else being equal.

And his receivers, imo, are better than average. He has 3 very good TE's and his top 2 receivers are good #2 receivers, not #1 but they are better than lousy, imo.
                    Last edited by Three Jack; 12-22-2008, 01:26 PM.

Comment

Pennington has proved to be a great pick up for the dolphins. They said from all of his injuries his arm strength wasn't what it used to be, but he's obviously getting the job done as Miami is playoff bound.

Now comparing Rodgers and Farve you can't do as Rodgers is too young & hasn't accomplished anything yet. And I doubt Rodgers will put up the kind of numbers Favre has did over his career. The Jets simple do not deserve to be in the playoffs after the way that they have played the last 2-4 games.

Comment

Originally posted by BettorsChat View Post
                        Pennington has proved to be a great pick up for the dolphins. They said from all of his injuries his arm strength wasn't what it used to be, but he's obviously getting the job done as Miami is playoff bound.

Now comparing Rodgers and Farve you can't do as Rodgers is too young & hasn't accomplished anything yet. And I doubt Rodgers will put up the kind of numbers Favre has did over his career. The Jets simple do not deserve to be in the playoffs after the way that they have played the last 2-4 games.
                        I wasn't comparing the careers of Rodgers and Favre, but rather who would you want as your QB right now and whether GB made the right move. Based on this year, I would rather have Rogers. First year playing, better QB rating, more TD's and fewer interceptions.

I think it is just funny how we had such lengthy conversation 5 motnhs ago over who 'won' and no one mentioned Miami!

Comment

Originally posted by Three Jack View Post
                          I wasn't comparing the careers of Rodgers and Favre, but rather who would you want as your QB right now and whether GB made the right move. Based on this year, I would rather have Rogers. First year playing, better QB rating, more TD's and fewer interceptions.

I think it is just funny how we had such lengthy conversation 5 motnhs ago over who 'won' and no one mentioned Miami!
                          Probably, because Miami has sucked for a long time. Their defense is getting old which has been the strength of that team for a long as I can remember Marino retiring. And with Pennington's numerous Injuries that's probably another reason no one considered Miami. However, Miami will not go too the SB.

Comment

Working...
                          X