Great Hire, Auburn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great Hire, Auburn

They fire a proven winner in Tuberville to hire Gene Chizek???

Yeah, he was a great defensive coordinator but his Iowa State program is as bad as when he arrived. They can a winner to hire a loser.

ADs have to stop caving to alumni who always want the coach fired. In most cases, they are trading laterally, not up.

Army dumps Stan Brock. For what?

Bowling Green dumps Gregg Brandon to get Tennessee's OFFENSIVE coordinator???? Duh, Tennessee has NO offense.

K-State fires Ron Prince to bring back a fossill?

As for Auburn, the team that hires Tuberville will be getting a lot more proven coach than the one Auburn just hired.

I hear ya, gris. The politics of college football don't always make a lot of sense.

Comment

Chizik was 5-19 at Iowa State!!!!!You mean to tell me you cant find a more qualified candidate than that?
      "The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who don't have it." George Bernard Shaw

Comment

what a joke i was thinking same thing wheni seen it go across the screen espn

wow poor auburn
        rjeremy for my accounts manager/i love how he keeps numbers

Comment

I wonder if Auburn tried at all to get Mike Leech.

Comment

Im in Georgia reading the local newspaper this morning. They noted that Chizzle had just been interviewed and I figured they would end up with him. They will try to refocus on Defense and running the football. I have no idea how this will turn out but Im with you and I think this was the wrong direction!

Comment

Also, it will be interesting to see where Tuberville goes. He is a good coach in my opinion. He and Richt were together this summer in IRAQ hanging out with the troops and are fond of one another. There were rumors swirling around here that Tuberville would be the Dawgs new Defensive coordinator. That would be awesome but wishfull thinking cause I don't see that happening.

Comment

Yes Chizik sucked at Iowa St, but the guy has coached some pretty good D's
                13-0 2004 Auburn - SEC Champ
                13-0 2005 Texas Natl Champ

Not saying this was a home run hire, but it could have been worse for the AU Nation.

Firing the River Boat Gambler was a mistake, but hey its not like I care..time for the cross state rival to suffer a bit..My time at Bama I got to watch Mike DuboseDennis FranchioneMike Priceand finally Mike Shula

Chizik better hit the recuiting trail hard and save what Tubbs had accomplished.
                "Happens to everyone. Time to time, everyone goes bust. You'll be back in the game before you know it."

Comment

I was laughing when I saw the news go by the ticker. Their athletic department is clearly a circus. Who cares if he was a great defensive coordinator. It would be a fine hire if that is what he was coming in to do but he's coming in as head coach. Slight difference Auburn. He failed in that role at ISU and now he's getting rewarded for it. Worse yet, their offense was pathetic this year so they bring in a defensive guy? Unreal. Seems to be a trend in college football to throw logic and common sense out the window when making coaching decisions... GL next year Auburn fans.

Comment

wow WAIT TILL THA FIX LOGS ON HE WILL NOT BE A HAPPY CAMPER
                    MLB 2012***100-98 +$215 OR +2.15 UNITS
                    HUGE PLAYS 2-1

NFL 2011-2012** 6-10
                    0-0TOP PLAYS

NCAA FBL 2011-2012**** 26-23

4-1 TOP PLAYS

GOY 33-12 ALL SPORTS

AS of 6/3/12

Comment

Auburn has always had their head up their ass when it comes to these type of decisions!

Comment

ahhhhhhh....the classic "Musical Coaches" song/game in FB.....

It never ceases to amaze me......

Thes Coaches jobs are less safe than a "Hand Grenade Tester"....

Don't make me go Cajun on your Ass!

Comment

At least Auburn waited till the end of the season to let him go. What good did KState and Clemson do by firing their coaches during the season? Did Clemson really need that extra month to decide to go with their own assistant? And KState couldnt have waited till the end of the season to bring back Bill Snyder?

Boosters ruin college football......Fulmer is the face of the program and has them in the SEC title game 2 years ago.....2 bad years and he's gone??

Comment

That's why they get paid the big bucks!

Comment

Tennessee dumping Phil Fulmer for Lane Kiffin is a classic case of college ADs and alumni losing their minds.

Lane Kiffin??? With Daddy as defensive coordinator???? Younger is almost always NEVER better in CFB. Everybody is looking for the next Urban Meyer. Lane Kiffin and Gene Chizik aren't Urban Meyer.

In the meantime, Penn State rolls along with a coach older than Moses.

Comment

Working...
                              X