• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFL Picks for 12/14

BC Record

NFL: 2-1
    NCAA FB 0-1
    NCAA BB 1-0

Houston +3 over Titans. Houston has won their last 3 games allowing only 14.5 points per game. Houston has won 4 of their last 5 home games and covered 5 of the last 6 as an unnderdog. Houston obviously has nothing to lose and I think they will play this game like it's their Super Bowl. Schaub is coming off a 400 yard passing game against the Packers. Slaton is having a solid rookie season as one of the league's best running backs and Andre Johnson may be the best WR in the league. I think Houston wins this game straight up but I will gladly take the 3 points.

Dallas -3 over the Giants. Dallas is desperate and need this game a lot more that the Giants who have already clinched the division title. If Dallas loses their playoff chances are probably shot. With no Plaxico Burress and with Brandon Jacobs being banged up I think the Giants will struggle to score. As crazy as it may sound I think they may be looking ahead to their home game next week against the Panthers where the winner will have home field advantage throughout the playoffs.

Ravens -2 over the Steelers. I know everyone will think this is a homer call but I have no loyalty to any team when money is on the line. I have tried to do an objective analysis and believe the Ravens will cover. Ravens lost the first meeting in Pittsburgh 23-20 in OT which was Flacco's 3rd pro game and first road game. Rvens are 7-1 in their last 8 games and are 5-1 at home this year losing only to the Titans 13-10. Steelers haven't won in Baltimore since 2002. Rothlisberger has stated he hates playing in Baltimore, the crowd noise is unbelievable. Ravens defense is ranked number #2 behind the Steelers but are ranked #1 when playing at home compared to Pittsburgh. Between 2003-2007 the Ravens have the 3rd best home winning percentage (78%) in the entire NFL, behind the Pats and Colts who both have an 83% winning percentage. Bottom line is the Ravens need this game more than the Steelers. If the Ravens lose their playoff hopes are in serious jeopardy. If the Steelers lose they will be tied with the Ravens but hold most of the tiebreakers and would win the division if they both finished tied.

Good luck to everyone this weekend.

gl Raven

Comment

I'm going opposite on all 3. I'm taking the better defenses with Tennessee, Dallas and Pittsburgh.

Comment

slappy

Originally posted by slappy's son View Post
        I'm going opposite on all 3. I'm taking the better defenses with Tennessee, Dallas and Pittsburgh.
        Pay attention to what he picked, b4 you make your coments....

He too said he had DALLAS............?????????

Dallas -3 over the Giants. Dallas is desperate and need this game a lot more that the Giants who have already clinched the division title. If Dallas loses their playoff chances are probably shot. With no Plaxico Burress and with Brandon Jacobs being banged up I think the Giants will struggle to score. As crazy as it may sound I think they may be looking ahead to their home game next week against the Panthers where the winner will have home field advantage throughout the playoffs.

gl with your plays this weekend

Don't make me go Cajun on your Ass!

Comment

bol rave

Comment

Love the card Raven agree with all three. Nice write-up.
            Houston: Plain and simple their playing great ball right now.
            Dallas: We all seen this TO drama before, look for a breakout game.
            Ravens: Steelers Off. line still beatup from last weekends game against the Cowbys.
            Records listed in members records forum.

Comment

good luck on Sundy, Maniac! Go Texans!

Comment

Working...
              X