analysis from a Sooner homer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• analysis from a Sooner homer

Since 1906, OU’s record in Stillwater is 34-6-5. I know you may not think that means anything this year, but I disagree. There's a well-defined pecking order to this rivalry. Yes, the Pokes are good this year. ..better than they’ve been in a while. From a wagering perspective the game couldn’t set up any better for a 7-point home dog. If they’re going to beat the Sooners at home this is the year when they should do it. They won’t. This year will be just another installment in a very one-sided, so-called rivalry. That’s just the way it is. Now, if they weren’t as good as they are…if they had not played the Longhorns to within a breath of victory in Austin, if they hadn’t beaten a good Missouri team in Columbia (probably the best road win in the big 12 this year), then they might sneak up on the Sooners and take em out in that funky, east-west oriented Pickens Stadium. Stoops and his very good coaching staff will not allow the Sooners to assume victory in this game. The Sooners are at the top of their game right now, offensive line, running game, defense. Their defense has had its issues this year, but the last I looked they were #1 in the conference in avg. total yards allowed. And until garbage-time they held Harrell, Crabtree, et al to two TDs last Saturday in Norman. Earlier in the year, Sam Bradford was doing it all on his own with the help of a fine receiving corps. He doesn’t have to now. The whole unit is clicking, offensively and defensively. The Sooners will be prepared and they will maintain their position in the Bedlam ‘rivalry’.

I’ll have a plate of crow handy just in case but I don’t think I’ll need it. Sooners 49-27.

Excellent write up my friend!

Comment

OU has won and covered last 3 meetings, but only won by 6 at T.Boone Pickens Stadium in 06 and failed to cover previous 4 visits to Stillwater.

Yes, that was plagerized from the gold sheet, but just a little info for you Sooner bettors.

Get the crow ready, cause orange power will be flowing

Sooners by a touchdown and i got 8 points.
      Questions, comments, complaints:
      [email protected]

Comment

line is 7 and game is on the line???? shouldnt Ou give atleast 2 tds?
        "dont judge me in one week, judge me the whole season."

Comment

bol garth

Comment

Originally posted by kbsooner21 View Post
            Excellent write up my friend!
            Questions, comments, complaints:
            [email protected]

Comment

according to the updated gold sheet power ratings which are pretty solid to play off of,the line should be OU -5

Comment

Originally posted by len caprisecca View Post
                according to the updated gold sheet power ratings which are pretty solid to play off of,the line should be OU -5
                That's about where I thought the line would come out, Len. I didn't think it would be a TD. There are sure solid arguments for taking the Cowboys at 7...really juicy-looking home dawg with public money on the Sooners. There will probably be some 'smart' money on the dog. I'm not very smart. I kinda hope the line drops below 7.

Comment

Originally posted by jcindaville View Post
                  OU has won and covered last 3 meetings, but only won by 6 at T.Boone Pickens Stadium in 06 and failed to cover previous 4 visits to Stillwater.

Yes, that was plagerized from the gold sheet, but just a little info for you Sooner bettors.

Get the crow ready, cause orange power will be flowing

Sooners by a touchdown and i got 8 points.
                  Did you get 8 points with your local, JC? That's a good line. Won't matter, though.

Comment

here's some good stats for ya.....this is based on the BedLam rivalry series when both were ranked.....

1972............OU 3rd...............OSU....20th.........Score...... OSU 38-15
                    1975...............2nd..........................19 th.........................OU 27-7
                    1984...............2nd............................ 3rd.........................OU 24-14
                    1985...............3rd...........................1 7th.........................OU 13-0
                    1987...............1st...........................1 2th.........................OU 29-10
                    1988...............8th...........................1 2th.........................OU 31-28
                    2003...............1st...........................1 4th.........................OU 52-9
                    2004...............2nd...........................2 0th.........................OU 38-35
                    2008...............3rd............................ 11th........................................TBD

Interesting---when both are ranked, this is the 9th time...............

Don't make me go Cajun on your Ass!

Comment

BOL this weekend garth!!!
                      SOBER SINCE MARCH 28TH OF 2007!!!

Comment

Good stuff, Kaptain. Thanks.

Comment

Sooners -7 2 units
                          Sooners -7.5 2 units

also playing
                          Tennessee Volunteers -4

Good luck today

YTD NCAAF 7-6

Comment

I agree, Sooners HUGE! gl today Garth

Comment

good luck tonight, garth! i like tha playz!

Comment

Working...
                              X