Warriors, Knicks agree on Crawford-Harrington deal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warriors, Knicks agree on Crawford-Harrington deal

The Golden State Warriors and New York Knicks have received league approval to complete a trade that will swap disgruntled Warriors forward Al Harrington for Knicks guard Jamal Crawford.

ESPN The Magazine's Ric Bucher confirmed the league's signoff after reporting early Friday morning that the teams were nearing completion on a deal featuring Harrington and Crawford.

Although neither team has commented, NBA front-office sources told ESPN.com that the deal involves no other players and will be formally announced later Friday.

They want Lebron bad

Comment

Actually, in reading an article on online, I was not aware that Crawford's contract runs through 2011, so it would make more sense to include him rather than Rose from a NYK stand point...

ANd thank God they didn't get Tim Thomas again!
      Three Jack's Record http://www.bettorschat.com/forums/sh...10#post1323910

Comment

Crawford has a player option that expires at the end of this year, so he can add two more years if he wants. I still read the Knicks might trade Randolph for Thomas and Mobley

Comment

Originally posted by BigWeiner View Post
          Crawford has a player option that expires at the end of this year, so he can add two more years if he wants. I still read the Knicks might trade Randolph for Thomas and Mobley
          I just read the same thing as Randolph's contract runs through '11 as well....
          Three Jack's Record http://www.bettorschat.com/forums/sh...10#post1323910

Comment

Nice trade for both teams, each dealing their own talented headache.

I think G State gets the better end of this deal. Harrington is a talented big man and should do well in d'antoni system. And Crawford will definitely fill up the box score with G.S.

I think this trade makes the Warriors dangerous again, and a team that others will fear in the playoffs. They're off to a slow start due to the adjustment with baron davis, and the ankle injury/ suspension to monte ellis (expected back at the end of dec.)

Now the pressure lies on Brandan Wrights shoulders. He's averaging less than 20 minutes per game, but that number will go up to 30 now that AL is out.

At full strength look for the Blazers and Warriors to be legitimate contenders in the west.

Comment

Love this trade, Crawfords been playing well...Al's been...sitting.. Crawford and Monta are gonna be a nice little backcourt come 2009.
              Great Day To Win

MLB 2008 (19-23-1) +3.0 units

NBA 08-09 (10-7) + 1.59 units

GOY (4-1)

Comment

Working...
              X