Cubs sign Ryan Dempster to 4 year $52 Million deal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cubs sign Ryan Dempster to 4 year $52 Million deal

i know he had a good year and all last season, but isn't that a little much to pay for a guy who they once called ryan "cum" dumpster???

Comment

I like the Cubs but this really doesn't excite me much. If you said Rich Harden will start 30 games next year, then i would be excited!

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218 View Post
        I like the Cubs but this really doesn't excite me much. If you said Rich Harden will start 30 games next year, then i would be excited!

Just trade for peavy so we can get rid of that garbage Marquis

Zambrano
        Peavy
        Harden
        Dempster
        Lilly

Not a bad starting 5 there

Maybe we'd choke in the NLCS instead of the NLDS

Comment

Originally posted by TheRook View Post

Zambrano
          Peavy
          Harden
          Dempster
          Lilly

I woul dlove my chances with that starting 5, even if you only got 28 starts from Harden...that could be the best rotation in bb!
          Three Jack's Record http://www.bettorschat.com/forums/sh...10#post1323910

Comment

Originally posted by TheRook View Post

Zambrano
            Peavy
            Harden
            Dempster
            Lilly

I agree. Peavy changes everything. Dempster is a 4-5 starter to me and an inning eater. You need that other big horse behind big z. If you could make Harden the #3 guy, the pressure of him needing to be there for 30+ starts would be relieved a little bit.

Comment

Such a typical Cubs move ....

I guess we will make to the WS now!!!! What a joke they are

Comment

This is a good deal for the Cubs because of the price. It's basically the same deal that Carlos Silva got last year. Dempster will almost certainly never repeat what he did this year, but for 13mil/year he doesn't really have to. A 200-inning, 4.25 ERA pitcher is easily worth that amount of money.

Comment

The guy had a carreer year and you throw that money at him ???

Christ

dude has had elbow surgery, and this was his one "great " year out of 6 or 7

use that money on aj burnett or derrick lowe or brad penny !!!!!

Fuk it !! Just sign randy johnson , or mussina or glavine , or schilling to one year deals on the cheap and at least you will have pitchers in the playoffs that wont shit their pants !!!

Comment

Originally posted by GOLDENGREEK View Post

Christ

Fuk it !! Just sign randy johnson , or mussina or glavine , or schilling to one year deals on the cheap and at least you will have pitchers in the playoffs that wont shit their pants !!!

I agree Dino, with all you say here. This deal doesn't really do much for me at all. I don't trust Dempster, or the Cubs when it comes to dealing with Pitchers!

Comment

Dempster, 31, has a 76-81 record in 11 seasons with Florida, Cincinnati and Chicago. He posted a 17-6 record with a 2.96 ERA in 33 starts for the Cubs last season.

UGGHHHH

ONE GOOD YEAR AT 31 YEARS OF AGE AND HE GETS 13 MILLION A YEAR

CRAZY

Comment

Originally posted by GOLDENGREEK View Post

Christ

exactly ...

Comment

i believe he isnt worth the money at all

i was only wrong once i had to divorce her lol
                          rjeremy for my accounts manager/i love how he keeps numbers

Comment

Burnett already has an offer in hand for more money and Penny is coming off a shoulder injury and a 90 innings of 6+ ERA. I agree that Derek Lowe would be a great option for that money. This is the market for starting pitchers. Silva gets 4/48, Meche gets 5/55, Schmidt gets 3/47, Westbrook gets 3/33. Seems like every free agent pitcher thread is just filled with "it's too much" responses.

Comment

Originally posted by ctt8410 View Post
                              Burnett already has an offer in hand for more money and Penny is coming off a shoulder injury and a 90 innings of 6+ ERA. I agree that Derek Lowe would be a great option for that money. This is the market for starting pitchers. Silva gets 4/48, Meche gets 5/55, Schmidt gets 3/47, Westbrook gets 3/33. Seems like every free agent pitcher thread is just filled with "it's too much" responses.

I agree that it is market price but i still stick with the others and say "It's too much". That goes for all of the guys you named. Ridiculous really!

Comment

Working...
                              X