Fairness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fairness

Obviously I don't post alot but I do visit often & check out many cappers picks & also see the back & forth between members--the good, the bad & the ugly. This is the only site I visit to get sports info & appreciate all the time people spend capping games. I noticed that there was a big hulabaloo concerning Lewis & some back & forth between GG & the Kaptain @ various times. The Kaptain has been on a great run & I don't mean this any other way than fairness & if I'm wrong (my math isn't very good), then I apologize. In Kaptain's "Final Sat" post he stated he was down 28.3 units thru the early & midday plays. He lost 3 10 star plays & a 5 star (-130) teaser in the evening which would be 39.5 units. The next day he said he lost 39.3 units for Saturdays plays overall & nobody wrote anything! I have to believe it was an honest mistake as I have noticed The Kaptain's extreme diligence to his posts & record. Again, if my math is fuzzy I sincerely apologize. By the way, the only reason I noticed is because I followed the Kaptain's plays that night. Thanks for the plays & good luck to everyone tonight......................

???

Comment

1*=$50

Crusader MM starting qb at Oregon

Comment

In all fairness

Comment

Dont know why you guys are upset.....Im sure if Karl made an error and he looks at it again he will tell you if there is an error or not and if there was he will probably thank Sar for pointing it out if there is one. Dont think Karl is out to pad or mislead so just let him respond.

PEACE

Comment

Originally posted by sar1957 View Post
            Obviously I don't post alot but I do visit often & check out many cappers picks & also see the back & forth between members--the good, the bad & the ugly. This is the only site I visit to get sports info & appreciate all the time people spend capping games. I noticed that there was a big hulabaloo concerning Lewis & some back & forth between GG & the Kaptain @ various times. The Kaptain has been on a great run & I don't mean this any other way than fairness & if I'm wrong (my math isn't very good), then I apologize. In Kaptain's "Final Sat" post he stated he was down 28.3 units thru the early & midday plays. He lost 3 10 star plays & a 5 star (-130) teaser in the evening which would be 39.5 units. The next day he said he lost 39.3 units for Saturdays plays overall & nobody wrote anything! I have to believe it was an honest mistake as I have noticed The Kaptain's extreme diligence to his posts & record. Again, if my math is fuzzy I sincerely apologize. By the way, the only reason I noticed is because I followed the Kaptain's plays that night. Thanks for the plays & good luck to everyone tonight......................
            sar.......said....

He lost 3 10 star plays & a 5 star (-130) teaser in the evening which would be 39.5 units. The next day he said he lost 39.3 units ....

I will certainly look into it, and correct if needed, that fantastic 2/10th of an unit error, if it is there.......

Like Iverson would say....2/10ths , we're talking about 2/10ths....I mean 2/10ths....what's with 2/10ths...I'll spend my time looking it up later, and correcting if needed, but that's a lot of effort for 2/10ths.....without me even going there, anyone could see that 2/10ths is a legit error, if it is there.....Now had Said a difference of 2 units, 10 units, then yes, that would be a good find.....

Don't make me go Cajun on your Ass!

Comment

started glancing at Saturdays update....and he's 100% correct.....I made a big error Saturday....don't know what I did, or how I did it.....but I'm way off.....adding up the losses and wins (not many that day), I must have added the batches wrong....In essence the Early, Mid Day, Late, etc....some kind of way, I added a batch twice, and forgot one...

It will be corrected......

Thanks SAR---and yes we're talking about way more than 2/10 ths.....

I'll correct later on tonight after I add last nights winning units to it....

Appreciate the courteous/polite way you pointed it out to me....

Was gonna take a day this week to figure out why my offshore acct was different from what I show.....I was gonna give em hell, but it appears they're right, as you are....
              Last edited by Kaptain; 11-11-2008, 09:17 AM.

Comment

sar1957/ et all

sar is correct......
                here's what I posted in error Sunday AM, just prior to My NFL picks.....

Kapt said...
                Kaptains "Day after a TERRIBLE Day" plays

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Had a disasterious/terrible day yesterday....That real good run had to come to an end, but expect it to be this bad....yesterday we went...
                3-12 for -39.30 units
                5* plays 1-4
                10* HIASIGO's 1-5..............that's right, it was that bad....

Should have read -74.10........won loss/5*-10* updates were correct....what I did was carry down the Early/Mid compilation down, and added the won/loss correctly, and somehow, forgot to add the units lost in there.....

Bad on my part.....
                Should have read....
                Early
                2-3...........-7.30
                5* 1-2

Mid
                1-5...........-27.30
                5* 0-1
                10* 1-2

Late
                0-4..........-39.50....this is the figure I inadvertently carried forward in lieu of the compiled units.....
                5* 0-1
                10* 0-3

actual day was----compiled
                3-12 for -74.10 units
                5* 1-4
                10* 1-5

No problem sar1957....thanks for the correction.....I've corrected others before, and they flew off the handle, and told me to gfym........A wrong is a wrong, and meant to be righted.....

PS---this is in advance for Phil Jr, and baseballdave, and all the others who'll jump on this................

I will copy and paste this in the records forum, and adjust accordingly.....
                Last edited by Kaptain; 11-11-2008, 12:10 PM.

Comment

This thread is a joke. You are disputing .2 units?
                  MLB (2014): (3-4) -.9 units

Comment

weazel

Originally posted by weazel079 View Post
                    This thread is a joke. You are disputing .2 units?
                    he's disputing more than .2 units....it's the way he wrote it like he was comparing 39.5 to 39.3......in actuality he was right....a significant error on my part as explained above...

The way he worded it was boggling to my mind and eyes at first glance, then I saw what he meant......thus, my AI reference humorously, when in actuality he's right....corrections have been made, and no one should criticize him for bringing it out to my and others/attention.....

Course a simple e-mail to the mods, to notify me, and I could have corrected it, and save me some embarassment would have been nice.....

WTF----Old People make mistakes just like the young pups do....

Just got a feeling some of my so called buddies will have fun with this at my expense....
                    Last edited by Kaptain; 11-11-2008, 12:29 PM.

Comment

sar

you sure picked a bad night to decide to FOLLOW ME........

hope you got in on some of the good ones....

Comment

I'm not gonna say anything - yet !!
                        jc Wishes He Can Get A Goat

Comment

Kaptain, I did follow your Sunday picks, so thanks. If I would have known I could have e-mailed a mod, I would've done so, so I apologize for that. I'm glad I saved a day for you. I've read many of your posts and you certainly have earned and deserve the respect you receive here. Your insight is appreciated along with your character, honor and intelligence. Thanks for all you do here (and the capping is just part of it).........

Comment

Kaptain, I did follow your Sunday picks, so thanks. If I would have known I could have e-mailed a mod, I would've done so, so I apologize for that. I'm glad I saved a day for you. I've read many of your posts and you certainly have earned and deserve the respect you receive here. Your insight is appreciated along with your character, honor and intelligence. Thanks for all you do here (and the capping is just part of it).........
                            Aw, don't kiss up !!! You busted Kaptain !!! We have suspected all along that he has written novels to throw us off guard, just like Hemingway !!!

Damn, I said I wasn't saying anything !! Those damn goats made me do it, I swear !!!
                            jc Wishes He Can Get A Goat

Comment

Originally posted by Kaptain View Post
                              he's disputing more than .2 units....it's the way he wrote it like he was comparing 39.5 to 39.3......in actuality he was right....a significant error on my part as explained above...

The way he worded it was boggling to my mind and eyes at first glance, then I saw what he meant......thus, my AI reference humorously, when in actuality he's right....corrections have been made, and no one should criticize him for bringing it out to my and others/attention.....

Course a simple e-mail to the mods, to notify me, and I could have corrected it, and save me some embarassment would have been nice.....

WTF----Old People make mistakes just like the young pups do....

Just got a feeling some of my so called buddies will have fun with this at my expense....
                              Your a big man, and a good one at that.

Thanks Kaptain, always respected you, but more now than ever.

Post on my friend, and lets bust the off shore mutineers. Arrrr, they are spoiling for a fight with the Kaptain and his BC crew.

Comment

Working...
                              X