Another BCS Mess is Brewing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wayne1218 View Post
    I'm not baby sitting tonight. Adults Only!
    Thanks Boss!

TOUCHDOWN FAT BOY!

I was Born my Pappy's Son,
    When I hit the ground, I was on the Run!
    Jon E. Checkers

Comment

i dont agree with it, but...

bcs supporters will say that the entire regular season IS a playoff.

Comment

Originally posted by Three Jack View Post
        Oh, boy...Chado just went to 2-1 if that's the case!

Thats FUNNY !!!!!

Damn Wayne got 2 in an hour !!!

Both deserving though.

BTW - I'm laying the 2-1 Three Jack !!!
        just joking chad
        jc Wishes He Can Get A Goat

Comment

Originally posted by molta02 View Post
          i dont agree with it, but...

bcs supporters will say that the entire regular season IS a playoff.
          How is it a playoff when teams are facing totally different strenths of schedule and different conferences. The BCS is a joke.
          MLB (2014): (3-4) -.9 units

Comment

Originally posted by weazel079 View Post
            How is it a playoff when teams are facing totally different strenths of schedule and different conferences. The BCS is a joke.
            I agree. And if you lose early, i.e. Florida, USC, etc you are better off. If Alabama or Texas Tech lose now, they are screwed.
            I think right now Florida is playing as well as anybody and I think they are one of the top 2-3 in the country - BUT they lost early to Ole Miss. Now if Alabama loses to Florida in the SEC Championship, Bama is screwed and won't make the BCS championship. Florida will still have a shot even though they lost to a more inferior team than Alabama did.

Comment

Originally posted by baseballdave View Post
              I agree. And if you lose early, i.e. Florida, USC, etc you are better off. If Alabama or Texas Tech lose now, they are screwed.
              I think right now Florida is playing as well as anybody and I think they are one of the top 2-3 in the country - BUT they lost early to Ole Miss. Now if Alabama loses to Florida in the SEC Championship, Bama is screwed and won't make the BCS championship. Florida will still have a shot even though they lost to a more inferior team than Alabama did.

terrible example you provide- if florida BEATS alabama, how is alabama screwed?

Comment

Originally posted by MtrCtyPimp View Post

Do you think they might actually like this mess because of all the attention it attracts for the game?

PEACE
                Think of all the highly touted experts that will be making media hype for the next 6 weeks. Saying all the same crap of how the big 12 was the best conference and why other teams should not get a shot etc.etc. I think all the jobs that the BCS produces keeps them analists in work and part of the jobs in America plan.

I don't like the system but it is big business and the bowls go to the team that can put asses in the seats. Right or wrong.

Bull
                Crap
                System....IMO

Comment

What I meant was that if Florida beats Alabama in the SEC Championship, they both have 1 loss. Because Florida lost early to Ole Miss, which is not as good as Bama, they have a better shot at getting to the BCS Championship. Alabama will have only one loss, to Florida (who is much better than Ole Miss), and will probably be out of the BCS Championship.

Florida loses early - Alabama loses late - Florida might get in and Alabama won't. I'm not a Bama fan, but without a playoff, Alabama will get screwed and have the same record as Florida and they will have lost to a better team.
                  Just my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by baseballdave View Post
                    What I meant was that if Florida beats Alabama in the SEC Championship, they both have 1 loss. Because Florida lost early to Ole Miss, which is not as good as Bama, they have a better shot at getting to the BCS Championship. Alabama will have only one loss, to Florida (who is much better than Ole Miss), and will probably be out of the BCS Championship.

Florida loses early - Alabama loses late - Florida might get in and Alabama won't. I'm not a Bama fan, but without a playoff, Alabama will get screwed and have the same record as Florida and they will have lost to a better team.
                    Just my opinion.
                    did you watch the bama game yesterday??? they are terribly lucky and may be the 3rd best team in an SEC which is having a horrible DOWN year!!! the 5th best big 12 team would destroy bama!!! And i am normally an sec enthusiest...but i see with my eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by MarkLemke View Post
                      did you watch the bama game yesterday??? they are terribly lucky and may be the 3rd best team in an SEC which is having a horrible DOWN year!!! the 5th best big 12 team would destroy bama!!! And i am normally an sec enthusiest...but i see with my eyes...

I agree. Again, I am not an Alabama fan. I also think they have been lucky. I am an LSU fan and I said from day one that I felt they were overrated.
                      I think Florida is the best team in the SEC - and I hate saying that being an LSU fan - but it is the truth.

This thread is about the BCS screwups. My point is this - Right now, Alabama is #1 with no losses. I'm not saying they deserve to be #1 but they are. Florida has 1 loss, an early loss to Ole Miss. When they meet in the SEC Championship, I feel Florida will beat Alabama, which will knock Alabama out of #1. This might push Florida into the National Championship game with 1 loss - again an early loss to Ole Miss - and knock Alabama out of the National Championship game because of a late season loss to Florida.
                      This is where the BCS also isn't fair. I''m not saying that Alabama deserves to be in the Championship game BUT right now, they are #1. IF they lose to Florida, they are out, even though their loss is a more "quality loss" than what Florida had. This is an example of why a playoff system is needed. The same could happen to Texas Tech if they lose late.

Comment

I dont think losing early is an excuse anymore because the voters in both polls last year they will jump anyone to get the best game in their minds when Georgia got jumped even though they were next in line according to the rankings.

As far as the bowls go they can keep every single bowl game and make the Rose, Sugar, Fiesta & Orange the first 4 playoff games.

The season would be extended 1 week for 4 teams and 2 weeks for 2 teams......Its lunacy why they havent adopted this system when they have the same exact system throught the NCAA for every sport including football.....just not in 1-A.

PEACE

Comment

Pretty good example if you ask me.Alabama looses to Florida and they both have 1 loss which team has the SEC championship Molta? Hard to play for the National title when you can't win your own.Florida looses early and still can win it.

Comment

Originally posted by vols fan View Post
                            Pretty good example if you ask me.Alabama looses to Florida and they both have 1 loss which team has the SEC championship Molta? Hard to play for the National title when you can't win your own.Florida looses early and still can win it.

If Alabama would have lost early to Ole Miss and then beat an undefeated Florida team in the SEC Championship, Bama would have a shot at the Nationnal Championship and not Florida.
                            I'm not pushing for any team to get in the BCS Championship. I'm just using an example of why you need a playoff.
                            If Texas Tech would lose now, they are screwed, even though they beat Texas, where if they would have lost game 1 of the season and then went undefeated, they might still have a shot.

Comment

IMO it works out fine this year....

Winner of SEC title game plays for the title

vs

Big 12 South winner (if they win the Big 12 title game)

or

USC

Comment

If you go undefeated in a BCS conference you deserve a shot to play for the title no matter who you are.

All a team can do is go out and win every game on the schedule. No one knows how good each conference will be, and they make the schedules 3-5 years in advance. Im glad PSU lost so we dont have to hear everyone bitch about how they shouldnt be in b/c the Big 10 sucks.

Comment

Working...
                                X