Kaptains "FINAL SAT Plays"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kaptain View Post
    they got beat 6-5....Landon played midfield most of the game, score was 5-3 other teams favor, Coach decides to move him to forward, and he gets 2 quick goals in less than 5 minutes....then when game is tird, Coach puts Landon back at Midfield with about 12 minutes left in game, and we don't even come close to scoring....

Coach (my own Son) has tendency to place Landon at MidField or Defense or Goalie, cause he says the other kids want to play Forward and get a goal also....

I disagree, put em where your strength is.....Wife agrees with Son....nothing unusual about that....she says they all should play every position...

If you're coaching in Baseball, do you rotate your Pitcher, to SS, to CF, to FB, to C etc., and then let the weakest arm on the team PITCH cause he wants to....I don't think so.....unless you're ahead 17-0 with 1 Inning left...

I'm from the Old School. play where your abilities call for.....this is a TEAM effort....course if you're winning 15-1 with plenty of time left, let the lesser players play all they can, where they can, but not in a close game like this.....

Just my take, but most importantly, he (Landon) never gripes regardless of where the coach plays him.....It's a couple of guys who always whine cause they're not the Star....he had fun....that's what counts, and this ws the last game for this round....New Season and schedule coming out...
    Its hard being a coach when your son is on the team because even if your son is one of the best players on the team, the perception is that you are biased towards him because he is your son, not because he is one of the better players.

I understand playing kids all over but I also disagree with that. I think you need to try and put kids in a position where they can succeed before they fail. In all sports, you will fail - that is a given. When they are young, they need to learn how to succeed first and you need to put them in a position where, in their eyes, they might not let the team down. Nothing is more disheartning to a young player than to feel he "let everyone else down". Winning IS NOT everything, BUT trying to minimize the failure when they are young is important. When they get older, they will find out that winning becomes more important, and also the opportunity to fail occurs more often.

I've been coaching for 30 years from high school down to 5-6 yr. olds and it is not easy when kids fail and also when they succeed. But I don't always believe in playing kids just so the parents can say they played. You can ruin a young players self worth early when you put him in a position that it is impossible for him to be successful.
    Just my opinion my friend.
    jc Wishes He Can Get A Goat

Comment

Working...
    X