Nfl is a disgrace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nfl is a disgrace

The NFL fined NY Giants Justin Tuck $7,500 for his hit on Bollinger last week.I remember seeing the flag and thinking thats the most horrible call ever.Now the NFL agrees and fines him.There going to run alot of fans off if they keep this soft ass shit up.

Originally posted by vols fan View Post
    The NFL fined NY Giants Justin Tuck $7,500 for his hit on Bollinger last week.I remember seeing the flag and thinking thats the most horrible call ever.Now the NFL agrees and fines him.There going to run alot of fans off if they keep this soft ass shit up.
    how the hell would Butkus, Jack Lambert, Mean Joe and countless others ever existed in this pansy league???
    updated thru 4/04 play

CFB: (0-1) 1.05 units
    NFL: (0-0) 0.0 units

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Thrill View Post
      how the hell would Butkus, Jack Lambert, Mean Joe and countless others ever existed in this pansy league???
      Some of the stupid props and shit guys were doing in the end zone I understand getting rid of but when you play at that level I don't think you have but one speed and thats ALL OUT.Butkus would have had a savings account just for fines if he played today

Comment

I agree. It was a horrible call. Bolger slightly jumped on the pass. How is a defensive player supposed to fall when making a tackle so they don't land on the QB with their full weight. As Mark Schlereth said "is the defensive player supposed to go through a mental check list when making a play." What defines full weight? So if Tuck landed on him with 99% it's not a penalty.

IT'S A FUCKING JOKE!

Comment

Originally posted by frankb03 View Post
          I agree. It was a horrible call. Bolger slightly jumped on the pass. How is a defensive player supposed to fall when making a tackle so they don't land on the QB with their full weight. As Mark Schlereth said "is the defensive player supposed to go through a mental check list when making a play." What defines full weight? So if Tuck landed on him with 99% it's not a penalty.

IT'S A FUCKING JOKE!
          Most of these guys are so big once they get it going in one direction it's hard to stop it.I think he's going to appeal the fine so maybe NFL can get it right.

Comment

A text book tackle being fined and penalized...awful!
            Three Jack's Record http://www.bettorschat.com/forums/sh...10#post1323910

Comment

Originally posted by Three Jack View Post
              A text book tackle being fined and penalized...awful!
              I'm sure your talk radio is having a blast bashing the NFL today.I tried to post a video but I can't get on YOU TUBE at work.

Comment

NFL is getting too soft. This isnt a sport for the weak. This is modern gladiator warfare. NFL is overly protective of their QB's. Why not put a flag on them? Crap like this makes me sick.
                NFL Kruise
                2-2*

*updated as of 9/9

Comment

The good old days of REAL football are over forever.
                  It changed from being taught to 'crush the QB' - to 'kiss the QB'.

I understand that the idea is to protect a vulnerable QB from injury
                  but it's a game where injury is inevitable and pretty much part of the job.
                  The league is getting so pussified protecting players, it will become 'TOUCH' football.

Our society as a whole has become way to 'over protective', it's fuckin ridiculous.
                  (just saw this today)
                  They're planning to spend 40/50 million on safety nets hung around the 'Goldengate Bridge'.
                  They say that 20 people jump off it every year committing suicide and they want to stop it.
                  That's a fucking joke, if those fucks want to die they'll just go somewhere else and do it anyway.
                  (what will those political retards do then? put nets on every fuckin bridge? it's fuckin ridiculous)

Let these guys play football - they know what they're getting into when they sign up!!!
                  (for their millions)
                  Last edited by FRITO; 11-07-2008, 01:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by FRITO View Post

I understand that the idea is to protect a vulnerable QB from injury
                    but it's a game where injury is inevitable and pretty much part of the job.
                    The league is getting so pussified protecting players, it will become 'TOUCH' football.

Our society as a whole has become way to 'over protective', it's fuckin ridiculous.
                    (just saw this today)
                    They're planning to spend 40/50 million on safety nets hung around the 'Goldengate Bridge'.
                    They say that 20 people jump off it every year committing suicide and they want to stop it.
                    That's a fucking joke, if those fucks want to die they'll just go somewhere else and do it anyway.
                    (what will those political retards do then? put nets on every fuckin bridge? it's fuckin ridiculous)

Let these guys play football - they know what they're getting into when they sign up!!!
                    (for their millions)
                    Take that 40/50 million and by a mountain in the middle of nowhere and call it "suicide mountain".Go jump off and we don't have to worry about cleaning nothing up.What a bunch of dumb asses.

Comment

Originally posted by FRITO View Post
                      The irony is most QB injuries can't be prevent. They rarely get hurt from a cheap shot.

Comment

I'm sure your talk radio is having a blast bashing the NFL today.I tried to post a video but I can't get on YOU TUBE at work.
                        Golic went ape shit on the NFL this morning. Being in Boston, I don't get NY sports radio...although he isn't on the FAN anymore, I would love to hear Mad Dog go crazy over it!

Comment

Take that 40/50 million and by a mountain in the middle of nowhere and call it "suicide mountain".Go jump off and we don't have to worry about cleaning nothing up.What a bunch of dumb asses.
                          better yet make it pay-per-view with the monies going to BETTORS ANONYMOUS.

Comment

Now the NFL nailed Jared Allen for two plays which he did NOT get penalized. He got fined $50,000 for "tackling too hard." What a joke. I'm all for protecting "prone" players but if the hit is clean, that is bullshit.
                            Please don't question my record or I will leave!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by casheasy View Post
                              Now the NFL nailed Jared Allen for two plays which he did NOT get penalized. He got fined $50,000 for "tackling too hard." What a joke. I'm all for protecting "prone" players but if the hit is clean, that is bullshit.
                              I only saw one of the two Allen plays...the one that took out Schaub (I think) where he went low. I thought that was a pretty dirty play. He was down, wasn't pushed and dove/rolled at his legs.

Comment

Working...
                              X