Brady Quinn taking over for Derek Anderson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brady Quinn taking over for Derek Anderson

ESPN's Trent Dilfer reports that Brady Quinn will start at quarterback for the Browns Thursday against the Broncos. The Browns have confirmed the move.

After watching Anderson's performance on Sunday I don't blame them.
    I don't know how well Quinn will do(had a good pre-season) but anything has to be better than Andersons performance on Sunday especially in the last 5 minutes of the game.

Comment

that was due to happen any time, and it did....thanks BIG

Don't make me go Cajun on your Ass!

Comment

they should've traded derek in the offseason when his value was at it's peak...it was inevitable that quinn would take over before the end of the season

Comment

Quinn won't end up doing jack shit IMO as his arm strength is weak.

Comment

Originally posted by DDP713 View Post
            they should've traded derek in the offseason when his value was at it's peak...it was inevitable that quinn would take over before the end of the season
            I agree, but shit, there's still probably 6 teams that could use Derek Anderson. The Vikings, Chiefs, Bucs, and 49ers for sure. If I was the Titans, or Lions I would want him.

Comment

Originally posted by bigweiner View Post
              i agree, but shit, there's still probably 6 teams that could use derek anderson. The vikings, chiefs, bucs, and 49ers for sure. If i was the titans, or lions i would want him.
              it isnt derek andersons fault that braylon edwards cant catch.

Leads the leaugue in drops and dropped a huge one sunday.

D.a is better than marsha brady.

Comment

DA is drilling receivers 20 yards away and missing some, but it's not all his fault the browns suck this year. DROPS have been huge as well, not to mention a head coach that is out of his league.

Trade him in the off season after a Pro Bowl type season? That would have went over like a lead balloon in Cleveland and while he didn't show up when the chips were on the table at the end of last season, I don't know how you trade him not knowing what we have in Quinn?

I read somewhere that we needed Quinn to start, after all, how could every scout be wrong about pegging him as a first round draft pick. And the answer was.... Ryan Leaf!

I'm a Cleveland fan and hope Brady does well, but as long as we have the Coach, GM and owner we do... I'm not convinced Big Ben or Tom Brady would make a difference in Cleveland right now. Like any good organization, good things start at the top.

Comment

Originally posted by BigWeiner View Post
                  I agree, but shit, there's still probably 6 teams that could use Derek Anderson. The Vikings, Chiefs, Bucs, and 49ers for sure. If I was the Titans, or Lions I would want him.
                  personally, i'm fine with frerotte over derek in minny!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X