Weazels Ginn sur Mer Classic Picks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weazels Ginn sur Mer Classic Picks

Course Handicap: 1) Favorable for players that are long off the tee as rough is short and cousre is lengthy. 2) Water is everywhere and will come into play occasionaly. Gotta stay out of the drink. 3) Sand bunkers litter the course. Also lots of waste areas which will result in penalty. 4) Very difficult greens.
    Conclusion: Long hitters that find a high % of greens in regulation will have success. Average drivers that are above average putters should have success. Weather is an important factor here because the moisture will allow the greens to have more stick. This will help even things out for the shorter drivers as they will be using the longer irons in their approach shots. Weather.com is calling for rain on the weekend. We could be seeing 10-20mph winds which is very important when handicapping golf. Hopefully the two guys I'm going against will come up short of the cut so this won't have a factor. On to the plays.

Robert Allenby -125 over Carl Petterson (tournament matchup)
    This one looks solid. I believe Allenby is one of the most underrated players on the tour and the conditions favor him this week. 1st off his is low hitter (wind) and has some length off the tee (66 out 196 on tour). He has eight top tens and has made the cut in his last 25 starts. He is #7 in greens in regulation out #196 players. This course does not suite Petterson. He usually plays consistent golf on the shorter more classic courses where golfers light up the scoreboard and mediocre power isn't a liability. Petterson is #106 out of #196 in driving distance. His greens in regulation is a putrid #137 out of #196. Carl is one of the better putters around but the difficult greens will help neutralize this.

Davis Love III -165 over Chris Dimarco (tournament matchup)
    Don't like laying this much juice in anything but every key factor is in Love's favor to play well this week and vice versa for Dimarco. Davis also ensured his PGA card for 2009 last week so he will be playing with a little bit less pressure. He is very strong of the tee and usually doesn't play in this event which tells me he is here to win. He is also very close to home.
    Last edited by weazel079; 10-29-2008, 02:25 AM.
    MLB (2014): (3-4) -.9 units

BOL with the Golf matchups brother!!!
    SOBER SINCE MARCH 28TH OF 2007!!!

Comment

Nice write up Weazel, BOL. Only thing with Davis is that Dimarco putts lights out. Davis clearly better tee to green. Dimarco is a fighter and hits very straight. Petterson will miss the cut before Dimarco IMO. I agree with you on Allenby, one of the most underrated players out there. He is a finisher when he is in contention, great playoff record too.
      NBA is a joke

Comment

Weazel,

I noticed Ken Duke was like -110 over Tim Clark. Duke has played well all year vs the inconsistent and very short hitting Clark. Not meaning to make a pick in your thread, but what do you think, I really like Duke here?
        NBA is a joke

Comment

i played this course earlier in the year when i stayed at the ginn, played the ocean course as well..im ok at golf and these are very much a shot makers course..the watson course they are playing is one of the longest in florida..gl with the picks
          2007 BCS and 2009 BCS CHAMPS
          2006 & 2007 NCAA MENS BASKETBALL CHAMPS
          2008 & 2010 RAYS BASEBALL AMERICAN LEAGUE CHAMPS

Comment

The Love play is a loser. Allenby is playing well but will have to continue as Petterson is only 3 strokes back. Flare nice call on Duke.

3rd Round Matchups
            Duke -128 over Mcneil
            O'Hern -125 over M. Wilson
            Gay +100 over Marino
            Mackenzie -123 over Durant
            Kraft -105 over Axley
            Kelley +100 over Quigley
            Gamez -125 over Maggert
            Stadler -130 over Riegger
            MLB (2014): (3-4) -.9 units

Comment

good luck with tha picks and tha 3rd round matchups, Weaz!

Comment

Working...
              X