Willingham to step down at end of season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Willingham to step down at end of season

SEATTLE (AP)—Washington coach Tyrone Willingham says he will step down at the end of the 2008 season.

The Huskies fell to 0-7 on Saturday after a 33-7 loss to Notre Dame. Willingham and athletic director Scott Woodward made the announcement at a news conference Monday.

Willingham has been under fire for being unable to turn around the Washington program. He is 11-32 overall in his four seasons. Washington currently has a nine-game losing streak dating back to last season, tied with North Texas for the longest in the country among major schools.

Woodward has said he did not want to change coaches during the season. But he said Monday’s announcement ends speculation of what is going to happen and lets the team focus on the final five games.

Long overdue. Everyone bashed Notre Dame for canning him but it looks like they were right to do so considering what a disaster Washington is. He must be a lousy recruiter considering the only 'household' name we ever hear of on their roster is Jake Locker. They need to get someone in there that can find some out of state talent for the school.

Comment

I guess this was better this week than after next weeks ass kicking.I'm predicting 72-7 on Saturday.

Comment

Boy, what a great game to look forward to after thanksgiving -------WASH & WSU--
        i bet the tv exec's could back out on this one!

oops-- it's the saturday prior to thanksgiving--
        Last edited by Bill the Thrill; 10-27-2008, 04:01 PM.
        updated thru 4/04 play

CFB: (0-1) 1.05 units
        NFL: (0-0) 0.0 units

Comment

Can anyone explain why he was hired by ND? He had an average record at Stanford 44-36. Was that the only viable option for a team with the history of ND?

Comment

He is unreal as a coach, not much to him, needs to get another type job.
            jt4545

Fat Tuesday's - Home

Comment

Working...
            X