Pacman suspended at least 4 games for violating conduct policy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pacman suspended at least 4 games for violating conduct policy

Dallas Cowboys cornerback Adam "Pacman" Jones has been suspended for at least four games for his most recent violation of the league's personal conduct policy, the NFL announced Tuesday.

In announcing his decision, NFL commissioner Roger Goodell said Jones' "disturbing pattern of behavior was clearly inconsistent with the conditions I set for your continued participation in the NFL."

Goodell will determine the final length of Jones' suspension following the Cowboys' Week 11 game against Washington on Nov. 16, the league said.

In his latest transgression, Jones was involved in an alcohol-related physical altercation at a Dallas hotel on Oct. 8 that resulted in hotel employees calling the police.

Jones was suspended for the entire 2007 season for multiple violations of the league's personal conduct policy. In reinstating Jones on Aug. 28, Goodell said that the player's participation in the NFL depended on demonstrating that he can conduct himself in a socially responsible manner, avoiding any other conduct that brings disrespect to himself, his team, or the NFL.

The decision on whether Jones can return to play this season will be based on his strict compliance with his NFL and Cowboys treatment plans as well as on evaluations of Jones' progress that will be provided to Goodell by clinical experts retained by the NFL.

Jerry Jones can't be happy!

Comment

IT JUST KEEPS GETTING WORSE FOR THE COWBOYS..

HAPPY 66th BIRTHDAY JERRY JONES!!!!!!!

Comment

now theres a shocker................i believe his rap report should send him here in cincy...............we are building a team of thugs
        rjeremy for my accounts manager/i love how he keeps numbers

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218 View Post

He has himself to blame for this one!

Comment

Originally posted by shoeman530 View Post
            He has himself to blame for this one!
            ope he thought he take pressure off terrel owens lol

i believed it work

Comment

I'm sure Jerry won't give up if there is a chance to get him back this season. He'll probably have Pacman sleeping at the Cowboy's Valley Ranch compound to keep him out of trouble now.

Comment

paul brown is makeing a jail next to stadium so my bengals can walk to work

Comment

Pacman has not even been what everyone thought he should be on the field. He doesn't make "big" plays and has been a disappointment to his teammates. With Newman hurt as well though (don't know how long?) and with the way this team is about to hear T-O whine for a while it could spiral into a disaster. I will say this, I think the one real shot this team has to be really great is to really develope the consistent use of the running game with Barber and Jones (injured?). Brad Johnson will put that to the test in the next 4 weeks as they will run more I am assuming, and while Brad won't make some of the big plays Homo makes, he should hold on to the pigskin better..

Comment

I am done with all this trouble.I have found Jesus again and will not get in trouble no more

signed,
                    Pac man in about 4 hours on Sportscenter

Comment

Originally posted by vols fan View Post
                      I am done with all this trouble.I have found Jesus again and will not get in trouble no more

signed,
                      Pac man in about 4 hours on Sportscenter

That sounds just about right!

Comment

How about them cowboys
                        You can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218 View Post
                          Goodell should suspend Jerry Jones for the same number of games that Pacman is suspended.

Comment

A local black sports radio guy here has thrown out the race card, amazing.
                            NBA is a joke

Comment

i am just glad he found jesus......................he wont have any more problems

not!

Comment

Working...
                              X