Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Coach Out - Clemson Fires Bowden

Sources: Bowden fired at Clemson after 3-3 start

Clemson fired football coach Tommy Bowden on Monday, four days after the Tigers lost to Wake Forest and fell to 3-3, according to multiple sources with knowledge of the situation.

Bowden informed his assistant coaches of his firing this morning. Assistant head coach/wide receivers coach Dabo Swinney has been named the team's interim coach for the final six regular season games and potential bowl game.

The Tigers were ranked No. 9 in The Associated Press preseason Top 25 poll and were favored to win their first ACC championship in Bowden's 10th season as coach. But Alabama blasted the Tigers 34-10 in the Aug. 30 opener in Atlanta's Georgia Dome, and Clemson then lost to Maryland 20-17 at home and again to Wake Forest 12-7 to drop their record to 1-2 in ACC play.

Bowden received a lucrative contract extension from Clemson after the 2007 season. He received the extension after considering a potential coaching postition at Arkansas.

Bowden, the son of Florida State coach Bobby Bowden, has a 72-45 record and eight bowl appearances at Clemson.

Mark Schlabach ****** college football for ESPN.com.

See ya!!!!!!!
    updated thru 4/04 play

CFB: (0-1) 1.05 units
    NFL: (0-0) 0.0 units

Comment

Bout time!!!

SOBER SINCE MARCH 28TH OF 2007!!!

Comment

The oldest Bowden needs to be fired.

Comment

when I heard about Bowden getting fired all I could think of was the pic of his daughter on the photo post forum...is that bad?

Comment

Originally posted by RDOG55 View Post
            when I heard about Bowden getting fired all I could think of was the pic of his daughter on the photo post forum...is that bad?

The best thing that family has going right now...

I am sure it will be bumped soon!

Comment

i already did

Comment

about time they let this clown go.

and to think- Clemson -5 over Alabama week 1. LOFL

Comment

ANd the QB who he benched actually said 'he deserved it', as well as the QB's father!!!! I don't think I have ever heard a player say that about a coach being fired. What a prick!!!
                  Three Jack's Record http://www.bettorschat.com/forums/sh...10#post1323910

Comment

Originally posted by Three Jack View Post
                    ANd the QB who he benched actually said 'he deserved it', as well as the QB's father!!!! I don't think I have ever heard a player say that about a coach being fired. What a prick!!!
                    I thought the same thing.Seems like the players they have talked to are glad.Even Spiller said that he shouldn't have beched Harper and that after that the team gave up on him(Bowden)

Comment

Originally posted by vols fan View Post
                      I thought the same thing.Seems like the players they have talked to are glad.Even Spiller said that he shouldn't have beched Harper and that after that the team gave up on him(Bowden)
                      Now if Tenn could get the balls to get rid of Old Hoss
                      2012 - 2013 NCAAF

21 - 20 - 0

2012 - 2013 NFL

14 - 10 - 1

Comment

Questions, comments, complaints:
                        [email protected]

Comment

even though its a good thing that he is fired,it won't help the clemson team too much as they have no fire inside them whatsoever
                          I AM A NITWIT

Comment

Overdue
                            NBA is a joke

Comment

5 years too late, but i'm glad it's done.

He did less with more talent then any other coach i've ever known.

Comment

Working...
                              X