Bulletin Board Hype

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bulletin Board Hype

I've often said Bulletin Board material is hype created by the media. It gives them something to report. Something to ram down our throats on Sports Center. The players in the NFL are professionals. I doubt they need this material to get up for a game.

Giants Center Shaun O'Hara said it best:

"I can honestly say I never won a game because of bulletin board material or lost a game because of bulletin board material," said O'Hara. "You have to play the game. It makes for great TV and great drama for those not involved, but in the end it's all just hype."
    Finally, a NFL player admits the obvious.

He's right......most of the time. But when there is a BIG issue with something an opposing player says or deos against a team, that team tends to rally and prepare better and get off to a better start. Some games are won in the first 20 minutes or even faster. It's rare, but it does have an effect sometimes.
    Please don't question my record or I will leave!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by casheasy View Post
      He's right......most of the time. But when there is a BIG issue with something an opposing player says or deos against a team, that team tends to rally and prepare better and get off to a better start. Some games are won in the first 20 minutes or even faster. It's rare, but it does have an effect sometimes.

I agree. When a team is all over the field and flying around and they keep WOOFING at a player who said something during the week, it no doubt gets them pumped for that challenge of shutting him up. We are all human and there is no doubt in my mind that emotion plays a human element in all of it ... and yes, it can be triggered by a big mouth off the field. Should it be? Maybe not but it does.

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218 View Post
        I agree. When a team is all over the field and flying around and they keep WOOFING at a player who said something during the week, it no doubt gets them pumped for that challenge of shutting him up. We are all human and there is no doubt in my mind that emotion plays a human element in all of it ... and yes, it can be triggered by a big mouth off the field. Should it be? Maybe not but it does.
        At the same time I've seen where it can backfire. I team is too preoccupied by one a player said they spend too much time worrying about that player than the game.

Comment

Originally posted by frankb03 View Post
          At the same time I've seen where it can backfire. I team is too preoccupied by one a player said they spend too much time worrying about that player than the game.

Yes, sometimes the player with the big mouth, gets his reward in the end. Take Joey Porter @ N.E. a few weeks ago as an example! lol

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218 View Post
            Yes, sometimes the player with the big mouth, gets his reward in the end. Take Joey Porter @ N.E. a few weeks ago as an example! lol
            I still hate Anthony Smith(Steelers) after what he said before the NE game last season. wayne should remember that

Comment

Originally posted by RDOG55 View Post
              I still hate Anthony Smith(Steelers) after what he said before the NE game last season. wayne should remember that

I do for sure. Every one of them have worked in N.E.'s favor until Porter this year. He backed it up and they won. The problem is Porter did that like 3 other times against N.E. while in Pittsburgh and all 3 of them back fired on him!

Comment

Working...
              X