Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MLB Picks for the evening

OK....Let's give this a shot as hit 3 out 5 last night:

Just got in but played these right before game time verifying starters.... a mega 7* pick on the OVER 9 1/2 in NYY game at -125 with the wind blowing OUT AT 30MPH AND Long Bomb Burkett and a healthy 8+ era going vs Yanks! That and EVERY GAME HAS GONE UNDER so far. Should end that today. JUST KEEP SCORING BOYS!! Also tossed in a 2* on the Yanks at home but with a ton of chalk at -230 did not step out big AND surprised in the first couple that the ground balls were not all there.

Tonight will add the Marlins (maybe R/L only again) AND the possibly the OVER 7 runs even with Woods going. Will post some info on it plus what I end up playing prior to game time for anyone of interst!

BEST OF LUCK EVERYONE REGARDLESS WHO YOU ARE FOR!! Gv
    I am NOT schizophrenic......and NEITHER am I! Just paranoid that fear may overcome my insanity!

Two plays for the Cubbie game & info

I think the Cubs are going to be tighter than a drum skin tonight included Mr. Woods. Florida is still just relaxed and happy to be there. Redman should NOT be underestimated as a starter but I would look for McKeon to be thrilled to get 5 or 6 innings out of him and only a run or two damage for the Cubs. Chicago will go as Woods goes....if he falters at all early...it could be curtains....the Vealpen of Chicago is not good. HOWEVER this is Woods so far in the playoffs (VERY GOOD):

The hard-throwing righty is unbeaten in his first three postseason starts, going 2-0 with a 2.45 ERA while striking out 25 and walking 10. Wood, who pitched the series clincher against Atlanta in Game 5 of the ALDS, allowed three runs and seven hits over 6 2/3 innings in Chicago's 5-4, 11-inning win in Game 3 at Pro Player Stadium.

ANOTHER THING TO LIKE FOR WOODS:

Wood (14-11, 3.20). Wood has never lost to the Marlins, going 4-0 with a 1.85 ERA in five career regular-season starts before his solid performance in Game 3.

WHAT I DON'T LIKE ABOUT WOODS:

He is just 6-8 with a 3.56 ERA in 18 starts at Wrigley this year. He can be had for a game and is susceptible to give up several walks in a game. This will be arguably the only game he starts so far this year in "cold" weather at night. He super high pitch counts may dictate a game like virtually hitless through 6 and wheels coming off in one inning.

WHAT I LIKE ABOUT REDMAN:

(14-9, 3.59 ERA). Redman held his own against Wood in Game 3, yielding two runs and eight hits over 6 2/3 innings. Redman will have no fear or qualms vs Woods tonight. Every pitcher for Florida INCLUDING BECKETT if they need a key out will be quick to the trigger to bail him out. He can relax...Woods can't.
    REDMAN only allowed four runs and 15 hits over 12 2/3 innings in two postseason starts. That's more than enough to win this one.

WHAT I DON'T LIKE ABOUT REDMAN:

He will be facing a loaded right handed hitting lineup and his location will have to be perfect. With NO WIND tonight there will many opportunities for long balls.
    His road record is a winning one and good but not stellar...it must be better than this tonight=======>He went 8-5 with a 4.27 ERA in 14 road starts this season

Offensively BOTH teams have enough to score 3 runs each in this game....the over is only 7 so only a game with scoring such as 3-2 or 4-2 will kill you...3-3 of course is auto push with a very good chance at a win. I don't think either starter will get it there and the runs will come off the relievers or more accurately the (reliever/starters).

There is one more advantage to Flor in the bullpen...not big but Looper has a zero ERA vs the boys in Blue.

Given all this stuff!

I see a somewhat shakey Woods tonight and a hittable Redman who will probably live with some runners on base most of his outing but slither out of it with ground ball outs. Woods will be walking a few and Florida may turn runners loose on every walk or error for chances at cheap doubles without the benefit of a hit. Mike Lowell can hit Woods and may become the Xfactor in this game with Pierres running.

With all the tension in this game CAN IT GO ANYTHING BUT EXTRA INNINGS??

I will therefore play:

2.5*==>FLOR/CUBS (O)7 +105
    2*==>FLOR +210

THAT'S IT SO BEST OF LUCK TO EVERYONE!! Goldv
    I am NOT schizophrenic......and NEITHER am I! Just paranoid that fear may overcome my insanity!

Comment

CONGRATS TO BOTH TEAMS!!

And to anyone who made some change on these two....and yesterdays......made up for a couple of lame picks last week!!

BEST OF LUCK TO ALL!! Goldv

Comment

G.V.

As usual :

Tighter than " Dicks Hatband "

Congrats - been on that bandwagon for a few ..... Congrats Big Time !

You know this does not make popular ..... who gives a rats ass ?

G.L.

***MMM***

:cool: :cool: :cool:

ps. - this game has the intangibles ------ so be it !
        Last edited by MemphisMafia; 10-16-2003, 02:01 AM.
        " The Wind Does Not Wait For The Tree To Bend "

Comment

Great call on those two,GV. Keep it up.:D
          You can't get there from here..........

Comment

Working...
          X