Curse Alert -- IT IS REAL!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Curse Alert -- IT IS REAL!!!!!

...I've got news for you. While I have no proof, I've paid enough attention to see that they exist IMO.

1984: Cubs vs Padres - While everybody has seen the ball that goes thru Durham's legs in game 5, what they don't know is that the cubs were still alive until the next inning. Game tied, 2 outs, groud ball up the middle to the best 2nd baseman in the game at the time, Ryne Sandberg. Ball hits something (nobody knows what, that field in Jack Murphy was usually pristine) and bounces straight up in the air over Ryno's head to drive in the winning run.

1998: Vikings vs Falcons - Football fans were deprived of what would have been the best and most exciting Super Bowl in years because of a million "coincidences". First, Reeves runs on the field to call a 2nd straight timeout (not allowed in the NFL) as the Vikes were driving to clinch the game at 27-20. Reeves saw Carter was uncovered, ran on the field to get the attention of the Referee because the Line Judge would not grant the illegal timeout. The ref let him stop the game, did not charge the TO, let the falcons line back up and did not throw a flag. No big deal, right? Gary Anderson hadn't missed a FG all year. He lines up a 36 yarder, hits it absolutely perfectly (Kickers are trained to aim at the upright when the ball is on the hashmarks because it will automatically curl in), but the ball never buckles. It stays straight and misses by a foot. Falcons tie it and win in OT, and I'm not even going to mention the miracles that took place in OT.

2000: Minnesota vs GB , Week 10 (MNF) - Forget the ball Favre threw up for grabs on 3rd and ten, that bounced off Freeman's foot, helmet, the corner's elbow and straight into the hands of Freeman while the DB went sliding past because his coverage was so good. The game would not have gone into OT were it not for a sudden thunderstorm that took place right after the packers took timeout with 10 seconds left and the game tied. Vikings line up for a FG, and all the sudden this rather benign rain becomes the fiercest rain storm to hit GB since 1960! The ball slips thru the holder's hands, the rest is history. Those flukes kept Minny from first seed, which cost them another super bowl.

Last night's Cubs game : Come on. We don't have to go over that, do we?

The Lakers vs the Celtics in the 60's - 80's. The greatest rivalry in sports history was dominated by Boston, so where's the curse?Go back and look at Don Nelson's bullshit shot in game 7 of '69. Look at Wilt's sudden injury in that series. Other games throughout in the garden that the leprechaun affected. Lake Show finally broke through in the '80s, but it took the greatest collection of talent on any team in sports history. Now the curse is over and the celtics are the cursed (Bias, etc).

Curse of the Bambino well documented.

Marlins are a gift from the gods......

Fla +195 -- 5 Units

The only reason I am not putting more on this game is because I never thought I'd go against "K" Wood. If it were any other pitcher besides he and Prior, and I wasn't rooting for the cubbies, I'd put more on it. Reason seldom makes sense once the fates have conspired against you. Good luck boys.
    Please don't question my record or I will leave!!!!
Working...
X