Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

maybe next year is the year...100 years may have been too much pressure for the cubbies...maybe the cubs endure a string of injuries in 2009, but overcome them by winning the wild card on a 1 game playoff against the florida marlins...then ride that momentum into the world series, beating the redox or yankees in game 7 @ wrigley.....

I've always rooted for the underdog, and I can't begin to understand the frustration of cubs fans...especially knowing that the only reason cubs lost against ANY NL team is because the redsox completed a trade (supposedly) minutes after the deadline to trade one of the best hitters in baseball for a slow 3b prospect...anyway, I sympathize for the cubs and cubs fans, although the cubs once again fell short of the ultimate goal, they had a very succesful year to build upon...

maybe next year is the year for a world series ring?

or......maybe it will be another 101 years....
    Last edited by DDP713; 10-06-2008, 06:50 AM.

Lou is a good manager and better motivator. In the playoffs motivations is a non-factor. All teams are motivated. In the playoffs Lou out manages himself. You got to play the games one at a time. Winning game 1 is far more important than trying to win game 5 before any games are played.

Comment

If Soriano spoke English he would be getting slaughtered worse than Arod...I personally love Soriano as a player but he has been folding like a cheap in the playoffs since his Yankee days....back then I blamed it on youth and inexperience....whats his excuse now?

PEACE

Comment

I bet none of us here live long enough to see the Cubs win a world series...

Comment

Working...
        X