No announcement yet.

MLB: N.L. Cy Young

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Johan or Linecum, probably Santana becaz he had very lil run support and a terrible bullpen.
    How many more titles will the Yankees try to buy it never ends.

Comment

Originally posted by DIRK
      Johan or Linecum, probably Santana becaz he had very lil run support and a terrible bullpen.
      Personally, I usually lean towards pitchers whose teams who make the playoffs.
      Last edited by savage1; 09-29-2008, 02:48 PM.

Comment

So who's your AL pick then?
        Starter can't control how weak the rest of the team plays.
        How many more titles will the Yankees try to buy it never ends.

Comment

Originally posted by DIRK
          So who's your AL pick then?
          Starter can't control how weak the rest of the team plays.
          In this case I would give it to Lee, as I don't think any of the teams who made the playoffs have anyone with his credentials.
          ps I would probably not put Matsuzaka of the Red Sox even in the top five in spite of his 18-3 record.

Comment

Good luck buddy! Quit stealing savage's picks

Comment

cy young

sabathia i can see it , santana and linnecum also

how about brad lidge whnere would the phillies have been without him

Comment

Originally posted by joshuab1
                JOHAN SANTANA by far..no one is even considering him..He has gone 3+ months with out a loss..The mets blew 7 games for him!.. his era was soethnig like a 2.20 ... He would have won about 24 games if the mets didnt blow them for him or would have hit the days he pitched..He went on 3 days rest after pitching a career high 127 pitches and threw a complete game and pitched 117 pitches and almost made the mets single handedly make the playoffs!

He probably wont win it bc he didnt have the wins, but he is getting overlooked and he totally deserves it!
                I agree. He should win it but he won't. Unfortunately, votes first look at wins.

Comment

more write in santana votes, than actual Webb votes
                  "CFB YTD: 5-8-1 -16.2"

Comment

i voted for CC, but Lincecum had a hellova year 2!

Comment

I voted for Lincecum...but to be honest I think BRAD LIDGE should be in the running...you guys want to talk about pressure how bout closing for the phillies with those fans...the dude didnt blow a single one after the brutal year he was coming off of...im one of the few if not only person who did not want the Astros to trade him away...

Comment

Originally posted by savage1
                        Yes I did-I gave it conditionally to Sabathia with minimal conditions.
                        Now you see why I set minimal conditions(which Sabathia didn't meet today) and why I think post season results should count in the voting for Cy Young.
                        This is the same as last year when he received Cy Young based on regular season stats only but was blown away by Beckett in the post season.

Comment

Working...
                        X