• MLB: N.L. Cy Young

Who would you choose win it?
    Sabathia
    43.48%
    Lincecum
    45.65%
    Webb
    10.87%

I have done a 180. I thought it was all Lincecum but after CC went on 3 days rest, 3 straight starts to end the season and get the Brewers in, i have to give it to him. His numbers are just amazing!!!

Comment

Lincecum's stats were absolutely amazing for a team that can't hit and does not have a great pen. I think he will get it, but my vote goes to CC. That man came here and saved the BRewers especially with Sheets going down. I expect to see him gut it out for the first game of the NLDS or at least game 2.
      NFL System - Year 1
      Week 2 3-2 +0.8 Units
      Week 3 3-2-1 +0.8 Units
      Week 3 3-3 -0.3 Units
      Week 4 3-2 +0.8 Units
      Week 5 2-3 -1.3 Units
      Week 6 4-1 +2.9 Units
      Week 7 3-0 +3.0 Units
      Week 8 2-3 -2.35 Units
      Week 9 0-1 -1.1 Units
      Season Total 23-17 +3.35 Units

Comment

JOHAN SANTANA by far..no one is even considering him..He has gone 3+ months with out a loss..The mets blew 7 games for him!.. his era was soethnig like a 2.20 ... He would have won about 24 games if the mets didnt blow them for him or would have hit the days he pitched..He went on 3 days rest after pitching a career high 127 pitches and threw a complete game and pitched 117 pitches and almost made the mets single handedly make the playoffs!

He probably wont win it bc he didnt have the wins, but he is getting overlooked and he totally deserves it!

Comment

Johan WHO??? I voted for C.C. Dude has shown some HUGE heart. He has a huge contract coming next year and could have said any number of times that he wanted to rest. With that said I hope he is tired as a dog on Wednesday lol.

Comment

CC, no doubt.
            Am I the longest tenured BC member?

Comment

Sabathia,but I'm a homer

Comment

Has to be Sabathia. I don't think I've ever seen an in season acquisition have such a major impact in baseball. He has been astonishing. Winning on 3 days rest should have clinched it. Frankly, I think he deserves the MVP just as much. I mean the award is supposed to go to the most valuable player in the league after all and who is more valuable than CC??

Comment

I would vote for Sabathia, but won't vote for him or anyone else for that matter, as I think post season results should count.
                  Last year was a prime example-Sabathia got the edge over Beckett, but who did much better in the post season, which is where ultimate prize lies?
                  If Sabathia performs anywhere near as well in post season(and especially if Brewers make it to the WS against an AL team) as well as he did in the regular season for the Brewers,
                  I would give it to him hands down.
                  If I was forcedto use the criterion as regular season only and choose, I would still give it to him, as in all sincerity I don't believe Brewers would have come close to making the playoffs.
                  You know what-based on the last statement, I am going to take back slightly what I said in first paragraph-if Sabathia just has a respectable playoff series, he should get it as making the playoffs is what the season is all about, and he was instrumental in this.
                  I don't think in all honesty that if Brewers were an American League team, he would have been as spectacular as he was in the NL, nor that he would have been able to get Brewers into the playoffs unless perhaps they played in the weak AL Central.
                  Last edited by savage1; 09-29-2008, 12:05 PM.

Comment

Well savage, they don't. So who's it gonna be?

Comment

Originally posted by kbsooner21
                      Well savage, they don't. So who's it gonna be?
                      You actually read all that? I fell asleep 2 words in....

Comment

Originally posted by BigMike

Me Too!

Comment

CC pitched more meaniful games, especially the last starts and should win the Cy...Lincecum was dominant all season long, but he is still young and will have plenty of time to earn a CY down the road.

Comment

I have Sabathia beating out Mike Hampton by a vote

Comment

Originally posted by BigMike
                              Sorry-Like some, I can't always answer complex questions in one word or sentence-that is one of reasons why I am voting for Obama.

Comment

Working...
                              X