Freddy Garcia...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freddy Garcia...

Sorry if this was posted already but heard on Mike and Mike that Freddy and Ozzie Guillen went out to dinner back in August to discuss him coming back into the MLB. They are apparent friends and Freddy is married to his niece. After the dinner Ozzie reported that Freddy wasn't ready and wouldn't be coming back. Freddy and his manager were pissed because they were trying to get the word out for him to get signed with a club. Now today he is the guy that stands in their way of a possible playoff berth. Anyone else think there might be so value with the Tigers today? Freddy might still stink but at least you know he has some motivation lol!

Everyone seems to be on the Tigers today. As bad as Freddy may want it, he still has to pitch and have the stuff to put it by hitters. Nobody gave him a look all year until now. Maybe there is a reason for that? Garcia hasn't pitched a great game in how many years?

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218
      Everyone seems to be on the Tigers today. As bad as Freddy may want it, he still has to pitch and have the stuff to put it by hitters. Nobody gave him a look all year until now. Maybe there is a reason for that? Garcia hasn't pitched a great game in how many years?
      Yeah I agree, he pitched for the Phils last year and was brutal. But guys seem to do well when there is a motivation factor. Maybe he gets rocked, who knows lol.

Comment

Originally posted by BigMike
        Yeah I agree, he pitched for the Phils last year and was brutal. But guys seem to do well when there is a motivation factor. Maybe he gets rocked, who knows lol.
        I agree Mike but when it comes to motivation, why does everyone point to Garcia today? I think the White Sox will be pretty motivated at home too!

Comment

I agree Mike but when it comes to motivation, why does everyone point to Garcia today? I think the White Sox will be pretty motivated at home too!
          Very true, tough spot for Gavin Floyd though in my opinion. I watched him a lot as a Phil (seems like a different pitcher now but) he was bad in stress situations. If he starts walking guys the WS are in trouble.

Comment

Floyd is (3-0) in his career against Detroit though, (2-0) this year. I don't think he is going in unprepared or scared of them .......

Comment

quick question because I really don't know, how has Floyd pitched in the past on short rest? Or has he pitched on short rest?

I knwo some pitchers are no good at it but he may be fine..

Comment

Floyd is (3-0) in his career against Detroit though, (2-0) this year. I don't think he is going in unprepared or scared of them .......
                How many of those games did the whole season rest on??

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Winn
                  quick question because I really don't know, how has Floyd pitched in the past on short rest? Or has he pitched on short rest?

I knwo some pitchers are no good at it but he may be fine..
                  This is what I found

Gavin Floyd: 0-1 with a 7.56 ERA in three starts. Last start, Sept. 20: 6 1/3 IP against KC, 5 ER, 4 K, 0 BB, L

Comment

How many of those games did the whole season rest on??

Probably the same as Garcia. Floyd has had pressure on him for the last 2 months in the pennant race mike and the White Sox are (14-3) in Floyd's last 17 starts @ Home. They are also (10-2) in Floyd's last 12 starts after a loss. That tells me that he has come up BIG several times this year. The CWS are (5-0) in Floyd's last 5 starts against the Tigers and Detroit is (1-6) in their last 7 games in Chicago.
                    Last edited by wayne1218; 09-29-2008, 10:48 AM.

Comment

Probably the same as Garcia. Floyd has had pressure on him for the last 2 months in the pennant race mike and the White Sox are (14-3) in Floyd's last 17 starts @ Home. They are also (10-2) in Floyd's last 12 starts after a loss. That tells me that he has come up BIG several times this year. The CWS are (5-0) in Floyd's last 5 starts against the Tigers and Detroit is (1-6) in their last 7 games in Chicago.
                      Damn you edited that before I could get to it

I was going to ask if those stats were from a inter squad scrimmage lol

Comment

This is what I found

Sept. 20: 6 1/3 IP against KC, 5 ER, 4 K, 0 BB, L

Garcia gave up 5 runs in 5 innings pitched in his last start vs KC too. The point? lol

Comment

Garcia gave up 5 runs in 5 innings pitched in his last start vs KC too. The point? lol
                          No point, he asked about Gavin on 3 days rest. I posted what I found. Sounds like you are on the WS.

Comment

The problem I am having is the Tigers are a bunch of overpaid garbage...they may come out and put up 10 runs as they should have done all year and they may not give a shit and get shutout while just going through motions...

I would like to hear it from them how bad they want to knock off Chicago because we just don't know..

Comment

The brilliant Tigers offense that was talked about all during exhibition season was shutout more than any other team in MLB this year.

Comment

Working...
                              X