Is the Honeymoon Over for Randy Moss?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the Honeymoon Over for Randy Moss?

Perhaps Randy is going back to his old ways???

FOXBOROUGH - Randy Moss said all the right things after catching just four passes for 25 yards in the Patriots' 38-13 loss to the Miami Dolphins yesterday, but his body language seemed to tell a different story.
    sat in solitude on the bench for most of the first half as the offense struggled. The wide receiver has yet to establish the same passing rapport with quarterback Matt Cassel he had with Tom Brady, and it hasn't helped that teams consistently have rolled a safety in Moss's direction, challenging Cassel to get him the ball.

Cassel claimed he didn't notice that Moss wasn't sitting with the offense in the first half.

"No, I don't really pay attention to that," Cassel said. "When we come over to the sideline we get with the coaches, and we try to figure out what the next best thing to do is. So, I didn't even notice the fact that he was anywhere other than on the bench."

Moss did sit with the offense in the second half, but he did not even extend his arms for a clearly overthrown Cassel pass in the third quarter. He showed some frustration early in the fourth quarter, when he threw his arms in the air, looking for a flag after an incompletion on second and 3 from the 44, and on a Cassel interception that was negated by a roughing the passer penalty, Moss did not turn for the underthrown ball.

When asked whether he's had to adjust his play in going from Brady to Cassel, Moss batted away the question.

"You like starting trouble, man," he said. "I'm not going to answer that. Put it in your own column. Next question."

Moss, who had two catches for 22 yards last week against the Jets, said he wasn't concerned about Cassel's confidence level after yesterday's game.

"Not at all. No matter what happens we just really got to stay upbeat," said Moss. "Not just myself, but we got a whole team and coaching staff that has to stay upbeat. I think a lot of people are looking for the captains for all this leadership and change things around, but you have a 53-man roster and all these coaches, that's hard to do.

"Not saying that it's impossible, but Coach [Bill ] Belichick is a [heck] of a coach. I look forward for good things coming from him this week and any other week. It's a disappointing loss and something that really hurts, but . . . like I said, just go back to the drawing board and turn this thing around."
    Three Jack's Record http://www.bettorschat.com/forums/sh...10#post1323910

let me guess, from the Herald?

Comment

Pulled it off MSNBC but it might be from the Herald...not sure.
      Three Jack's Record http://www.bettorschat.com/forums/sh...10#post1323910

Comment

Working...
      X