Need Help with SF Giants Total Wins wager

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help with SF Giants Total Wins wager

I placed, what looked like a good wager, back in March.

San Francisco Giants UNDER 72 1/2 wins. $625-$500(-125)

With 12 games to go and a record of 68-82, if they go 5-7, I F'ing lose, 4-8, I collect! This little winning streak they have been on recently has killed me.

3 games @ AZ
    3 games @ LAD
    3 games vs Colo
    3 games vs LAD

Looking ahead, i would like all thoughts on if there is still a chance they will just mail it in or will the spoiler roll they have taken on "spoil" my wager.

Any good suggestions on Hedging this wager?

I have the same bet. I'm hoping they start resting Lincecom and Cain. I'm thinking the Dodgers are gonna wrap it up early and lose some of those games to the Giants

Comment

I'm not sure how you'd hedge that bet unless it comes down to the last game of the season. Then you could obviously hedge. I guess maybe if it comes down to the last two or three games of the season, you could come up with a hedging strategy. seems to me it's too early to do any hedging now. Good luck, Slom.

Comment

Wouldn't twist yourself in knots trying to hedge this one...the Giants still suck but they do have a couple kids they called up that can actually hit sometimes.
        Great Day To Win

MLB 2008 (19-23-1) +3.0 units

NBA 08-09 (10-7) + 1.59 units

GOY (4-1)

Comment

tonights game is huge, I kind of like cain over haren but it should be close...if giants win tonight all they have to do is win 3 games with 2 more starts left from lincecum....as a dodger fan im rooting for you man....and don't hedge this bet

Comment

Thanks boys! If I can survive until the final series I will look at hedging the final game or two. Looks bleeeeeeek! Oh well Tampa Bay got the over in wins(75) so it will just cost me vig

Comment

Calk it up as a lost and forget about it. If it wins, then consider it free money.
              Good Luck to everyone
              Adam

Richie: [after Gus hits a homerun] Wow and he did it without steroids.
              Clark: What's steroids?
              Richie: Something that makes your pee-pee smaller.
              Clark: There must be steroids in macaroni!

Comment

Don't try to hedge until there are two or three games left. If they win a bunch before that, just chalk it up as a loss.

For example, you could bet on them the next two games, they could lose but then win the next five. You'd be really screwed then.

Be patient. Root against them. if you're still alive with three left, consider a hedge

Comment

Originally posted by griswold
                  Don't try to hedge until there are two or three games left. If they win a bunch before that, just chalk it up as a loss.

For example, you could bet on them the next two games, they could lose but then win the next five. You'd be really screwed then.

Be patient. Root against them. if you're still alive with three left, consider a hedge

I AGREE
                  MLB 2012***100-98 +$215 OR +2.15 UNITS
                  HUGE PLAYS 2-1

NFL 2011-2012** 6-10
                  0-0TOP PLAYS

NCAA FBL 2011-2012**** 26-23

4-1 TOP PLAYS

GOY 33-12 ALL SPORTS

AS of 6/3/12

Comment

W!

My Giants under 72.5 wins HIT! I let it ride an they beat themselves!

Thanks for all the support!

Comment

Working...
                    X