Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here we go again Detroit fans...

Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:34 pm EDT

It can't get any worse for Detroit fans ... can it?
    Getty Images
    This can't keep happening. It's cruel and unusual and flat-out absurd. And yet, for the Detroit Lions and Jon Kitna, it happens again and again, until fans scream to keep from crying. Every time there's a glimmer, it's gone. Almost every time there's a game to be won, it's lost. The Lions are wandering in a bizarre world of their own making, with no clue how to get out. They tossed away another one Sunday, rallying from a 21-0 deficit to take the lead, then collapsing and losing to Green Bay 48-25.

Kitna blew this one, although he had help, or no help, depending upon your perspective. Actually, he blew it three times, which has to be some sort of record. On three straight possessions in the final five-plus minutes, Kitna threw interceptions, two to Charles Woodson, two returned for touchdowns. Somehow, the Lions went from pathetic to decent and back to pathetic in a flash, and where they go from here, I have no idea. Kitna is the quarterback by default now. That's sad to say, but it's the truth. Because Matt Millen has butchered the roster so badly, Rod Marinelli has no suitable option in unproven backups Dan Orlovsky and Drew Stanton.

At the end of this one, Kitna was the problem. He isn't the whole problem — did you see that defense get shredded again? — but he's the most visible, directing an offense that's erratic, at best. The Lions don't have many good players and Kitna simply isn't good enough to compensate. When a quarterback must make plays, in the pressure-soaked final minutes, he has not come through.

Nothing changes with the Lions, which means something big must change, eventually. Kitna is on notice but so are many others, especially on that weak offensive line and that shattered defense. The "Fire Millen" chants began in the third quarter, and the cumulative effect of failure is burying this franchise and crushing its fan base.

Source: Detroit News

SOBER SINCE MARCH 28TH OF 2007!!!

Comment

Chado1

Originally posted by Chado1
      he wasn't whining....he was merely quoting a write up from the Detroit News....

I don't understand the "I want my Mommy comment"...

Thanks for the article Cash----I appreciated it.....Detroit is indeed going throuh some rough NFL times right now....

Don't make me go Cajun on your Ass!

Comment

???

Comment

I am a closet Lions fan and

Comment

I am a closet Lions fan and
            Understood, as long as that's the only thing coming out of the closet.
            Looking forward to your next set of CFL picks!

Comment

This team is a joke..........Why Millen still hasnt stepped down is a riddle to me. Year after year its the same exact thing. At least in the 90s they had Barry and they made the playoffs every other year. Now winning a game is a chore.

PEACE

Comment

Originally posted by Cashmoneyasians
                Understood, as long as that's the only thing coming out of the closet.
                Looking forward to your next set of CFL picks!

Comment

Originally posted by MtrCtyPimp
                  This team is a joke..........Why Millen still hasnt stepped down is a riddle to me. Year after year its the same exact thing. At least in the 90s they had Barry and they made the playoffs every other year. Now winning a game is a chore.

PEACE
                  Pimp I live here and I know that William Ford will never fire Millen and that does not bode well for the future. Every year they talk about being improved and being excited and all fans follow only to be let down by week 3.

Like you said, the only solution is if Millen owns up to his failure and comes to terms with the fact that he can't build a football team and resigns. Unfortunately I don't see that happening. I always say that Millen being a GM is no different than many of us (diehard football fans that know a little bit) running a team.

What is even more sad is that around the league I truly think the Lion Organization is considered a joke. And all of it is due to Millen. If there is a prop out there that asks if lions will ever make the playoffs with Matt Millen as GM I'd like to know...

Comment

lions suck azzzzzzzzzzzzzz, they should be called the Detroit Cats

Comment

cat as in black cats, they need to change the color of there uniforms and change there logo, becuase somethings got a gince on them

Comment

Originally posted by Tornado3311
                        Pimp I live here and I know that William Ford will never fire Millen and that does not bode well for the future. Every year they talk about being improved and being excited and all fans follow only to be let down by week 3.

Like you said, the only solution is if Millen owns up to his failure and comes to terms with the fact that he can't build a football team and resigns. Unfortunately I don't see that happening. I always say that Millen being a GM is no different than many of us (diehard football fans that know a little bit) running a team.

What is even more sad is that around the league I truly think the Lion Organization is considered a joke. And all of it is due to Millen. If there is a prop out there that asks if lions will ever make the playoffs with Matt Millen as GM I'd like to know...

If the US taxpayer has to bailout the owners of his namesake company, that should be grounds for taking away the team from him. Detroit reminds me of the New Orleans Aint's for the first 20 years....bad ownership, bad front office, bad coaching, Bad team.

The good thing is its easy to bet against them!!!
                        Rock

Comment

Working...
                        X