Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Virginia QB Lalich won't travel with team due to legal issues

Updated: September 10, 2008, 10:54 PM ET

CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. -- Virginia quarterback Peter Lalich won't accompany the Cavaliers to Connecticut for Saturday's game, coach Al Groh said Wednesday night, so that he can concentrate on legal problems and not be a distraction to the team.

Lalich, who has started the first two games, is due in Charlottesville General District Court on Sept. 26 for a hearing. The 20-year-old was arrested on an underage drinking charge July 13 and was given a deferred judgment provided he completes supervised probation.

The sophomore said in a release distributed by the school that he does not want his troubles to be a distraction to the Cavaliers (1-1).

"I love my team and my teammates and the way they have let me know that they trust me and have my back," Lalich said in the release. "Because I care so much about our team, it is best for me to step back temporarily from my starting position so that my teammates can focus 100 percent on getting ready for the game. Coach Groh and I have frequent conversations and we agree on this. I appreciate that Coach sees me first as a person, then as a quarterback.

"I make mistakes like everyone, but I have followed the terms of my probation and I am committed to our team and the University of Virginia."

Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press

thanks for the heads up

Don't make me go Cajun on your Ass!

Comment

no wonder that game was off my board

Comment

Working...
      X