Missing Highlight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missing Highlight

Running back Knowshon Moreno was a hot topic of conversation during this week's teleconference with Georgia coach Mark Richt.

Moreno's 18 carry, 168-yard, three-touchdown effort in Saturday's 56-17 win over Central Michigan obviously wowed the sellout crowd at Sanford Stadium, but it was his hurdle of Chippewa safety Vince Agnew to complete a 29-yard run that dropped jaws.

It was a play that Georgia fans will no doubt be talking about for quite a while, but it was one that many in the country watching ESPN did not get to see except for a brief glance during a quick preview of the Bulldogs highlights to come following a commercial break.

When the network did its Top 10 plays, Moreno's highlight was not included. Richt was asked about the omission.
    "I think they missed the boat or didn't do their homework or something," Richt said. "Normally they do a good job with that, so it looks like somebody would have noticed that. It didn't make their highlights, but it's going to make ours for a long time."

A representative from ESPN's local online affiliate claimed that FOX did not put the highlight in its highlight package to other networks.

"You're kidding me," Richt said. "OK, so you're throwing FOX under the bus. I threw you under the bus now you're throwing FOX under the bus. That's the way it works."

That's when Dean Legge, who cover-s UGA for a Web site which is owned by FOX, chimed in.

"They had cameras so they could pull it off the satellite," Legge said.

Richt laughed.

"OK, so maybe it wasn't that good of a play," he chuckled. "I thought it was pretty good."

David Paschall, sports writer for the Chattanooga Times Free Press then asked, "So is ESPN back under the bus?"

Said Richt, "I guess they're both under the bus now."

Video link

http://www.rivals.com/video.asp?sect...her&vidid=6066

Comment

seems that Richt is stretching pretty far to motivate Georgia for South Carolina this week.

Comment

Originally posted by TheRook
        seems that Richt is stretching pretty far to motivate Georgia for South Carolina this week.
        They need all the motivation they can get.SC and Spurrier give the dogs fits every year.I follow the dogs and pull for them until they play the Vols but I can tell you it always seems to come down to the 4th quarter in this game.Knowshons run was a hell of a play and he should be in the top 3 Hiesman runners at year end.

Comment

Originally posted by vols fan
          They need all the motivation they can get.SC and Spurrier give the dogs fits every year.I follow the dogs and pull for them until they play the Vols but I can tell you it always seems to come down to the 4th quarter in this game.Knowshons run was a hell of a play and he should be in the top 3 Hiesman runners at year end.

You are right, but I just can't see it this year. South Carolina blows, and while any road game in the SEC can be difficult, and South Carolina does always play us tough, if we can 't take this team down by double digits, we aren't a top 10 team. In fact I've already doubled down on my Dawgs -6.5 (bought it off the TD), and I rarely bet for/against my teams.

Comment

Originally posted by harold_bush
            You are right, but I just can't see it this year. South Carolina blows, and while any road game in the SEC can be difficult, and South Carolina does always play us tough, if we can 't take this team down by double digits, we aren't a top 10 team. In fact I've already doubled down on my Dawgs -6.5 (bought it off the TD), and I rarely bet for/against my teams.
            I will be taking GA but I won't go big just because of how it seems to work.Could this be the week that Vegas kicks our ass by Ga winning by 3,Cal winning by 14 and USC winning by 10.These all seem like locks to me but it scares me because Vegas just don't give shit away.And I'm not a good enough handicapper for this to be this easy.Really on paper these three games look easy.Would you agree?

Comment

Originally posted by vols fan
              I will be taking GA but I won't go big just because of how it seems to work.Could this be the week that Vegas kicks our ass by Ga winning by 3,Cal winning by 14 and USC winning by 10.These all seem like locks to me but it scares me because Vegas just don't give shit away.And I'm not a good enough handicapper for this to be this easy.Really on paper these three games look easy.Would you agree?
              The terps are a funny team, I can 'see' them keeping it close. They tend to show up for the big games....it's the type of players we recruit from this area. Long trip for Cal. Rockin crowd.....i'm not touching it...however it wouldn't shock me if they stayed in that game for a while....first half might be the play as they tend to quit after falling behind. (See: WVU games the past 2 years).
              1 = $25

MLB Posted (as of 4/15) - 20-11 +21.86

God have mercy on the man who doubts what he's sure of

Comment

Working...
              X