Tour De Fraud Armstrong comeback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tour De Fraud Armstrong comeback

Lance Armstrong will end his retirement and hopes to compete in the 2009 Tour de France, according to a cycling journal report.
    The 36-year-old seven-time Tour de France champion will compete in five road races with the Astana team in 2009, the cycling journal VeloNews reported on its Web site Monday, citing anonymous sources.

Armstrong's manager Mark Higgins did not immediately respond to a voice mail left by The Associated Press.

The move would reunite Armstrong with Johan Bruyneel, now the team director for Astana.

VeloNews reported Armstrong also will compete in the Amgen Tour of California, Paris-Nice, the Tour de Georgia and the Dauphine-Libere.

The Astana team, however, was not allowed to compete in this year's Tour after Alexandre Vinokourov was kicked out of the 2007 Tour for testing positive and the team quit the race.

VeloNews, which said Vanity Fair will publish an extensive article detailing Armstrong's comeback, said the cyclist will race for no salary or bonuses and post his internally tested blood work online.
    Copyright 2008 The Associated Press. All rights reserved

NBA is a joke

Why? Another attention whore that misses the attention?

Comment

Probably because he's bored off his ass..

These guys are good at and know how to do one thing, when that's gone what are they left with?

I get tired of all the media attention on these athletes just like the next person, but that's the media's fault. I can't blame Armstrong just like I couldn't blame Favre. None of us will ever be able to know how these guys really feel when they give up what they love to do.
      Money won is twice as sweet as money earned.
      ~ Paul Newman, The Color of Money

Comment

Originally posted by CMDawg

I get tired of all the media attention on these athletes just like the next person, but that's the media's fault. I can't blame Armstrong just like I couldn't blame Favre. None of us will ever be able to know how these guys really feel when they give up what they love to do.
        No we can't image but these guys have more money than they'll ever need. I find it hard to believe they can't find something to keep them entertained.

Comment

Originally posted by frankb03
          No we can't image but these guys have more money than they'll ever need. I find it hard to believe they can't find something to keep them entertained.
          Ha ha, no doubt about it. I will definitely agree with you on that.
          Money won is twice as sweet as money earned.
          ~ Paul Newman, The Color of Money

Comment

This may be a way of him cleaning his legacy with some drug testing. Course, he will not win but he will be able to say how clean he is (at least now anyway). There is always going to be a cloud over his wins. Doping is a way of life on that tour.
            NBA is a joke

Comment

It says, " the cyclist will race for no salary or bonuses." So he's not doing it for the money.

Athletes who are so driven and gifted, find it hard to stay out of competition. He may very well win it again. How many great athletes have comeback after retiring? Jordan, Mohammed, Favre, the list is extensive. He's far above the rest of the field. I say more power to him....

KAZ
              [email protected]

I'm just here so I won't get fined....

Comment

Totally misses being a celebrity, and wants it back.

He has realized that the rockstars and movie stars don't want to date him unless he is a name still. Maybe he has is sights on Carrie Underwood and figured this is the best way to get her???

Comment

Originally posted by KazDog
                  It says, " the cyclist will race for no salary or bonuses." So he's not doing it for the money.

Athletes who are so driven and gifted, find it hard to stay out of competition. He may very well win it again. How many great athletes have comeback after retiring? Jordan, Mohammed, Favre, the list is extensive. He's far above the rest of the field. I say more power to him....

KAZ

I dont believe there is no profit at all, are "bonuses" excluding endoresments and sponsors? I doubt it.
                  NBA is a joke

Comment

A) He's doing it for the money. Check to see his sposnor deals for this. He was losing his star appeal while retired.

B) He probably thinks he can get a line on some hot new blood doping scheme.

C) What's to stop him from milking this for six months and then dropping out, claiming an "injury."

Comment

He's tired of sleeping with hot chicks left and right....neded something else to do.
                      Three Jack's Record http://www.bettorschat.com/forums/sh...10#post1323910

Comment

As far as I'm concerned, anything Armstrong can do to piss the French off is fine by me. This will send them into a frenzy and have them hella pissed off. And they can't do much about it. They will test the shit out of him and find nothing.

KAZ
                        [email protected]

I'm just here so I won't get fined....

Comment

Working...
                        X